charging/electrical problem

ihope someone can help,here is the run down, i changed my batery in my car,92 hatch, the new battery came from a 90 hatch, for some reason while driving the car just went dead, no lights no electrical signal, so i put back my old battery,after driving fora bit same problem, when the car idles them if kinda charges, also since its realy cold these few days my alt belt is squeeking like crazy. am i dont know if there is a diffrence between a ka24de battery and a ka24e battery, it could of been the problem.pls if someone knows of this problem i would like some help
ez
sean

It probably isnt the battery so much as it’s mostly an alternator problem. Get a new battery and alternator and see what happens. Or just get your alternator tested first. Either way, that should give you a start.

See if the belt is actually moving. If it’s squealing, it could be slipping.

Have you been driving in deep snow?

S13s act like giant snowshovels and fill the engine bay with snow. It doesn’t take much to short the alternator.

Sounds like you alternator is either dying or the belt is slipping.

Alternators can make some funny noises if they’re dying or loose too

Any battery from any car is essentially the same. You can start any car with any battery that physically fits in your battery tray and has the right posts.

ye sounds like the slternator isn’t charging or you might get lucky by tightening the belt if its realy loose. but if you don’t want to waste your money changing parts take it too a mechanic they have a tester to test teh battery and alternator.

thanks alot guys for ur input i happen to fix the problem it was the main bolt that holds the alternator to the engine was missing, so it was replaced and everything is a ok
again thankx to everyone for there help
sean