Cheap Old V8 Muscle Cars?

i want an old ass ghetto, 8 mpg, no power steering, bucket seat, muscle car.

i know in the us you can pick up some shit like that for dirt cheap but do we have anything of the sort that isnt stupidly over priced here in canada? so far my searching has yeilded no results…

yo. i now a place. has a GREAT rep. its like next to my house… u should c the cars that roll in/out and around :expressionless:

are they cheap though?

i want like mustang 5.0 cheap.

dunno come c… i now they can fidnd u something. they have shitboxs and nice ones.
ive never talked to any of them… though i might soon… to get them to do soem welding for me:P lol

cool man ill check it out. do they have a website or anything?

i have no idea… looks to me liek a family owned thing(major doubts on website) LOL some over. give me that thing u wanted sandblasted. and check it out:P

Watch what you buy.

Cheap will always mean shit box.

Your dealing with much older cars as well.

Do you mean old as in 60’s, 70’s or 80’s?

Camaro/Firebirds - structural = rear frame right in the pockets.
Mustangs - floors and well basically friggin everywhere.
Vette’s - well, it’s a vette. good luck with that.
Chrysler - just stay the fuck away lol.

To me, your best bet. Get an old 2wd s-10 with a solid frame. Slap in a 350. And that’s it. No A/C. P/S depends on year. Everything is manual. 4-speed or 5-speed. Auto is by your preference. Slap a 3.73 gear and you got a 12 second truck. They drive awesome when they are dropped 3-6 inches. VERY cheap to build.

Go to a scrap yard and get a 5.7 SBC out of a 1/2 ton, slap a cam and mild rebuild 30 over. Intake and 600 carb. I guarantee you, you will NOT be dissapointed.

Not to mention…drift truck, 1/4 mile, even road racing.

get a early 80’s camaro.

:open_mouth: get an old school skyline. than drop liek a vh45!

im not a huge truck fan, but your right along the lines of what i want.

some crazy 70’s falcon or camaro or whatever would be the bomb but all of those things seem to cost a fortune!

A few that you might want to look into. Cutless, monte carlo, chevelle, nova, mid 70’s camaro, duster… shiz like that

i was at an auction on Highway 9 last weekend and there was a beautiful orange late 60’s Chevelle SS that went for only 12g’s.

i dunno how much you’re looking to spend, but that’s probably the cheapest i’ve seen a clean muscle car from that era go for.

apparently they’re having another auction sometime in May with almost 200 classic cars.

If your looking for American muscle, 80’s era cars are your closest bet man.

if you can grab an old school Vette, you’ll be ballin! one of my thoughts for a future car, a late 80’s - early 90’s vette.

Go to Canadian Tire near Sheppard and Leslie, in the underground lot. There is a black Buick Grand National for sale. It’s the one with the 3.8L Turbocharged V6. :slight_smile: It looked to be in alright shape for its age. Go check it out. Let me know how it goes, it had some interest already, obviously.

Listen bro, seriously. You will not get even a decent muscle car for anything under 6 grand. Especially within the age group your looking.

A Grant National? Sheesh, there’s at least 20g’s. I built one last summer. Beefed up motor and trans, bigger turbo, injectors and custom intercooler set up. Appraised at 23,000. Sold for 21. The car was NOT in mint condition either.

Search, you will search for months before you find something decent for a good price.

Yet, truthfully. Go to the states. Pick up an already mildly built or even stock muscle car from someone and bring it back. Cheap to buy them out there right now.

If I see anything, I’ll post. Best of luck. PLEASE be careful what you buy.

Car LOOKS to be in good shape. Who knows really. 2,800 is not a bad price at all, considering the mileage.

These cars a fun. If you got extra dough. Look for the GTA. :wink:

Go to the southern states and find one, anything cheap here will be rotted

yeah good call. just didnt really want to deal with all the border crossing stuff.

ill save for a few more months and pick up a chevelle. then i can be captain badass lol

lol… is this the place by brock and rossland?

looks like theres a few gems in there… clean and dirty…

but from what ive seen just passing by, 10k range.

C4 corvette… there is a lot of pros and cons with the car… but i say just build a small block on the side and just drop it in when ur ready. 383 stroker, aluminum heads, good cam and you’ll have a pretty sweet ride