Check out the underhood temp change

can you get that in a spray can? i hear the more coats you apply the better it is!

:rofl

The OP is kidding right? You bought $25 caliper paint kit, when 3 feet further down the asile and there is VHT Flame Proof (<- Link)which is good up to 2000 degrees… and only costs $12.

BTW, I have a junk oven that I bought to use this shit. You have to spray the piece, heat it at 250deg for 30 mins, cool, heat to 400 for 30 mins, cool then 600 for 30… then it is fully cured and chemical resistant. very very good shit. DO NOT DO THIS IN YOUR FOOD OVEN BTW.

when that junk flakes, or catches fire, bring the parts to me and we can do it in my oven.

Who stole my idea?

Thanks…

But I had to fix that…

Need to find your source, I thought I lived in a darkly hidden place.

dude almost all the dupli color products are trash, hell even the vht stuff, that is pretty good will flake off. i guarantee you d.p is well hotter than 500 deg. throw an infared thermometer on it, after letting it heat soak like it would at normal operating temp. sitting in traffic.

like code blue said, should have just invested in heat wrap, or real ceramic coating. those are the only 2 things that will really work. the pipes will be looking like crap in no time with the dupli color stuff.

Hey, great to meet up with you today… and sweet ride.

my hands are not stay puft pillows like yours :slight_smile:

was looking at EGT gauge of a friends turbo VR6 at idle. it was over 500*F. so like i said first post… dont be a retard.

So,

Just so we are clear here…

You were looking at your friends exhaust pipe, stuck your thermometer in it, he got so hot you went off scale. Next you come into my post to brag about that act, and I am of diminished mental capacity?

guys, im sure this is a yoke. stop taking it so seri.

im going to ban you.

EGT gauge. in car. idiot.

for real, it is, MK4 T25 must have too many thermocouples in his ass

yeah thats it… hey watch out for the wall. :retardclap

Great… I decided to try this on the downpipe and stack that I just put on my truck. Even thought I’d one-up you and use 1200*F stove paint. I put 5 coats on as well… That crap just caught on fire and now I need new carpets in my truck and a paint job… I hope you have insurance…

:wierd

Ban

Haha hmmm wonder who this :shifty