Chinese Democracy

Alright well, 14 years later the album is finally coming out.

from what i’ve heard so far on the radio (which is almost the complete album)
it is not all to good. i’ll still buy it to give it that chance it may need. but man…what a dissapoinment. did not really expect anything like old gnr. but fuck what a difference. his voice however is still pretty good.

to me. GnR is not GnR. it’s just Axle Rose.

anybody gonna get the album? any thoughts? comments.

its not bad i heard most of the album on the edge but i agree i was expecting much more

no slash, no win

it isnt distinct enough.

yeah the songs dont totally suck, but everything from appetite and both illusions were sooo distinct and kick ass that this is a let down.

but hey, it could be one of those albums that grows on you over time.

so far i agree with all three of you completley.

i was expecting more…yet after getting it. it’s, well i’m not sure yet. but it’s…different yet the same???

no slash…no no body. just axle. he’s a dick. waiting to see whats gonna happen with the tour!

the only thing i do not agree upon. distinct…how? how can the new gunners be distinct. in reality it is a new band. if you mean their own sound. then i gotcha

and it is for sure one of those albums that grows on you. i’m already diggin some tunes.

Yup… too little too late… heard a couple tracks on xm, but it’s not there anymore for them. Metallica on the other hand… they still do have it and are have gotten better since that whole St.Anger/Load/unload slump.

I want to know what contribution Buckethead made. That guy is a beast, period. One of the best guitarists, ever.

Too bad Lars is a bit of a bitch =/.

I agree with Theo… the new Metallica album was wicked! Haven’t heard Chinese Democracy yet though.

The new Metallica is very good. Theres is a lot of fuss going on about how the album is real distorted. Too loud type of thing? I do notice that on a few songs on Death Magnetic. Yet at the same time i noticed that back with RATM, a lot of RHCP, A bit of slayer and some system.

It’s not that it bothers me. I just don’t understand why people are starting to record shit louder and louder.

The GnR album, In my opinion was not recording 100% either

The new band is equal to the old GnR. There is no disputing it. The new songs are incredible for the most part. The singles are amazing. Better, Catcher in the Rye, CD, all amazing with others too.

The talent brought in by the new band is incredible, production value through the roof, as over 15 million has been spent on this album hahaha.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on this for almost 3 years now. Listening to all the studio leaks progress, and they have come a far far way. I went to their tour in 2006, and it was amazing. Axl has still got it and is the man behind the old and new GnR!!