chris beniot and family found dead

Crazy shit

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.
RIP

Is that whole thing with Vince macmahon a hoax or is he actually dead, with the commercials with the camera angles on the limo, seems staged.

the vince mcmahon thing was a hoax, an angle to get him off of the air

thats HUGELY fucked up about benoit though, all they said last night on the PPV was that he had something family related to tend to and wasn’t there, even though he was going to be in one of the main events

wow…

He left the house show saturday to deal with a family emergency. That was the last they heard from him. pretty f’d up

Murder/suicide? I hope not, that sucks.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:5,topic:31463"”]

Murder/suicide? I hope not, that sucks.

[/quote]

i really hope not

As reported yesterday, Benoit pulled himself from the ECW title match (that he was most likely going to win) on the Vengeance PPV to be home for “personal reasons.”

hrm…

the first thing that came to my head was maybe carbon monoxide, but i don’t know what the situation was.

what the fuck.

need more details!!

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/68402/2007/06/25/chris-benoit--family-found-dead--corpus-christi-raw-cancelled.html

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

i get worried about some completely random off the wall shit, like maybe some obsessed fan was mad he cancelled the PPV yesterday and lost it…like the “its still real to me” guy

and then i worry maybe benoit snapped or something and did the murder/suicide bit, which would forever tarnish his name

just hate the early part of a story when theres no details known :frowning:

wrestling fags

nothing about wrestling is news

/story

good call, someone dying absolutely isnt news

[quote=“JDMR2,post:13,topic:31463"”]

good call, someone dying absolutely isnt news

[/quote]

:word:

duh, it’s only a life… correction- an entire family mysteriously killed

[quote=“JustinH,post:8,topic:31463"”]

the first thing that came to my head was maybe carbon monoxide, but i don’t know what the situation was.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a CO leak or something but wtf…in the summer :gotme: thats usually in ther winter with blocked heater vents or something.

Wow, that is fucked. Chris Benoit was awesome.

Its just for ratings … he’ll come back from the dead next paper view

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:17,topic:31463"”]

Its just for ratings … he’ll come back from the dead next paper view

[/quote]

that’s f’d up

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/sto…3315501&page=1

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. Authorities are investigating the deaths as homicides.

Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a “welfare check.”

When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope noted he was not confirming any of these causes — just not ruling them out at this time.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Benoit was known in the ring as the “Canadian Crippler.”

Following the announcement of the discovery, World Wrestling Entertainment issued a statement: “Chris was beloved among his fellow superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss. WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.”

WWE announced that it would drop its planned line-up on the USA Network to air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

In a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston’s Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn’t be there, they chanted, “We want Benoit!”

But would you be suprised, if they actually did…

i cant believe this… such a terrible thing to hear. chris was definitely an awesome superstar… RIP to him and his family