Chris Henry dead at 26 years old

crazy story

RIP

Do you think their will be a lawsuit against the girlfriend?

Crazy. Another domestic dispute. This dude was in or around trouble his entire career though.

Off-the-field problems
Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his redshirt sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh.[citation needed]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver’s license or valid insurance.[16] He pleaded guilty and served avoided jail sentence.

On month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[17] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[18] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[19] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a “keg law.” He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[18]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[20]

On October 6, he was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league’s personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals’ October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[21]

On the following April, Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL’s personal conduct policy.[11][22] His suspension on the 10th came with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[23] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky on November 6, 2007.[24] He was arrested for a second time in Orlando on December 3 for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty.

On March 31, 2008, Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[25] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

Probably fell out the back of the truck on his head and broke his neck.

I was watching this on ESPN when they said he was in “life-threatening” condition, I swear…some people are just ridiculous. This guy had to know SOMETHING was gonna happen considering his whole life he’d been in trouble.

wow!! RIP

Looking at Joe’s post it looks like the inevitable finally happened.

shitty. RIP.

just saw this a little while ago. really terrible to hear. he has really turned his life around in the past year from what ive seen/read. left behind 3 kids and his finace.

really sucks to hear

my Mr. Irrelevant died…

There goes my fantasy season… :frowning:

From tmz…

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/12/1216_chris_henry_truck_bn2.png

You must know something we dont, Detective

“I’m sorry Tiger Wood’s you had a great car crash, but Chris Henry had the best of the year”

oh snap

[11:02] Myexgirlfriend: oh my god…
[11:03] Myexgirlfriend: Prince Henry died last night… car accident!
[11:03] Myexgirlfriend: he was 26… :frowning:
[11:03] Myexgirlfriend: !
[11:10] Myexgirlfriend: ok,
[11:10] Myexgirlfriend: well.
[11:10] Myexgirlfriend: scratch that
[11:10] Myexgirlfriend: i lied.
[11:10] Myexgirlfriend: my fucking retard of a coworker…
[11:11] Myexgirlfriend: THOUGHT it said PRINCE…
[11:11] Myexgirlfriend: it said Chris.
[11:11] Myexgirlfriend: as in the 26 yr old football player, Chris Henry… died in a car accidenmt.
[11:11] Myexgirlfriend: what the fucking hell.
[11:11] Myexgirlfriend: what a retard.

^haha

meh… i don’t wish death upon anyone, but he doesn’t appear to be much of a loss to society.

Your ex sounds like an idiot.

She didn’t misread the headline, someone else did.

She’s actually pretty sharp.

I meant caring about Prince Henry