Chrysler v6 Turbo Project

Well I was pretty close… :mrT:

The chrysler 3.0L was built by Mitsu., and shares the block with the Stealth R/T Twin Turbo! I heard a rumor there was a guy with a caravan that was Stealth Twin Turbo Powered Locally. I never seen it though.

AS for a little extra power, I’ve been working on a guys 3.0L Shadow. So far, I’ve swap a 3.8L 56mm Throttle Body, Dynomax Turbo Muffler, I used a 2.2L Turbo cat back exhaust, Removed the resonator, a short cold air intake and magnacore wires/plugs. He’s says its like night and day. Passing gear power has improved. Better gas mileage and he likes the swoosh it makes when he jumps on it.

John

True, I don’t know all that much about the lebarons, i figured there ought to be turbo II ones out there that would have had an intercooler.

what size exhaust did u use 2.5" 3"?? and u said u removed the resonator and it help. I just say that because i knew a guy that worked part time at an exhaust shop and he said that hes seen people with chryslers like mine come in and have there resonator removed and they came back cuz it made the car boggy. But this guy isn’t all togeather in the head if you know what i mean so he was prolly rambalin about somthin completely different.

(man i would like to see a caravan with a twin turbo 6g7 in it. Ive heard of it being done but if theres one local id like to see it in person)

The dohc and sohc stealth blocks are different. Cooling and such, not a direct interchange. Chrysler actual produced a single turbo 3.0 as a prototype back in the early 90s. There were a few that popped up on ebay. Definetly easily doable as mentioned has been done. Lots of guys at 3si.org that put turbos on 3.0 sohc also for more reference.

Does anyone know were i can buy a 2.5" or bigger catback system for a turbo lebaron?

1st try have jeff weld you a custom one

theres a guy in Ohio I believe, or was, jrbexhaust maybe, I know its jrb something, but he did 2.5 and 3" maybe bigger.

thanks I’ll look into it

Check out turbododge.com if your not on there already.