Cleaning a auto carpet

Whats the bets way to clean, I can pull it out of the car. Should I just go over it with a foam cleaner can. Or do better spraying it down with a garden hose, and warm water/tide and a brush wash it. I’m just not sure if soaking it in cold water, then letting it dry in the sun it will shrink? I don’t know laundry stuff good.

http://www.billcadieux.com/htmls/product/excedrin.jpg

http://www.kidestore.co.uk/images/images_big/hooked_on_phonics_level_1.jpg

use a spray on carpet cleaner (cleans carpets), agitate, and rinse.

it depends on the type of stain. if it’s just generally dirty then get/borrow one of those little carpet cleaners and go to town. same deal as you would with carpet in your house.

thanks arron. cool I remember, I think my mom has a shampoo attachment on the old kirby they have. So its ok to get one fully soaked?

you do not want to soak it!! warm water in moderation a gentle and diluted cleaner and a strong shop vac with the wide and narrow attachment will work. You will want to vacuum it very well, get it mildly damp with warm water and vacuum again. Then get it with some soap water and agitate then vacuum again if it is very dirty and re wash. Otherwise just let it set for a couple and vacuum it. then rinse at least once with warm water.

add to that car stuff, english and life in general :cjerk:

pull it out of the car and bring it to me and ill use the extracter at work

get a small WET-dry vac. Do NOT soak the carpet. There is a thick sound deadener underneath it that acts like a sponge and is VERY difficult to dry. It will stink if left wet too long.

The foam scrubber cans like Turtle Wax brand work very well. Use the stuff directly on the stain. Do NOT add any water. Scrub the stain with a brush until it comes out.
You can also try RESOLVE carpet cleaner. I have found the canned foam to be excellent tho.

After the stain is LOOSE: Fill a spray bottle with water spray down a 1X1 area and the vacuum right away. Vacuum slowly to suck all the water up.

REPEAT a few times. You dont want to soak the area and let it sit. Water will soak in deeper the longer it sits. If you dont give it a chance to your liner wont get wet.

You are basically rinsing the carpet using this process to REMOVE the stain… not just smear it all over the place.

Works awesome in the home or car.

Walmart has mini-wet-dry vacs for under $30. They work great.

greddy- I don’t know what that is/dose lol

violator are you a detailer, sounds like you know your stuff.
thanks for the tips, I’ll try that. I didn’t think it was that bad. But there is some spots were some shit got spilled a I didn’t see with everything in the car. Now I’d like to get them out.

its like a carper shampooer, sprays hot water and soap and then vacuums it out.

yea what he said i am a detailer and its what we use everyday on all interior stains and it works very well
pm me if u want me to do it

well I’m in Rochester, and the trans is out. I’ll try it myself with the store stuff. If its still bad, Ill let you guys know.

i take it out of the car and hose the crap out of it while its hanging up. let it drip dry.

Brian

thats what i did, came out awesome and my car smells laundry fresh :stuck_out_tongue:

I use regular carpet cleaner, resolve works great as violater said

Vacuum, spray on carpet cleaner, scrub, let dry for a bit, vacuum up. If there are any bad spots try rubbing them with a clean towel and that should pull the dirt out. If that doesn’t work look into getting it shampood.

I used to detail cars and once had this jeep that was trashed. They were going to buy a new carpet but figured we could at least try to save it first. I pulled it out of the vehicle, sprayed it down with some decently heavy duty citrus cleaner, scrubbed the hell out of it then pressure washed it for about 20 minutes. The pressure pulled the dirt and whatever was in that right out. vacuumed the extra water out and let it sit in the sun for two days. Like already mentioned though you do not want it to be wet at all when you put it back in. If that starts to mold your whole car will reek for eternity.

fuck if ur taking it out of the car…pressure washer for the win and let it hang dry…if its staying in the car Violators advice is very good…i like to use tide with color safe bleach. trying not to get the carpet to wet…scrub with hot water and vacuum it up…more warm water for a rinse and vacuum again.