Getting salt stains out of carpets.

Over the winter I got some salt stains in the carpet of the Fit. Anyone got any good product recommendations that could take them out without messing up the carpet?

Water+shampoo?

idklol

Yeah, usually it just washes right out.
I never used anything fancy.
Usually just used the leftover car wash water with a scrub brush, hosed them down, and let them dry.

stop blowing loads on ur capets and u wont have this issue

Pressure wash them

Water, carpet cleaner, scrub it, vacuum it up

Buy a can of carpet cleaner and follow the directions. It will say to blot the severe stains with a damp cloth… do that and then clean like normal and they’ll come right out. At least they did on my junky car.

Yeah I used some “Tuff Stuff” (or something like that) Carpet/fabric cleaner doing the spray it on, rub with a damp cloth, wipe it up and vacuum method, but they are still there. They are a little lighter than they were originally. Maybe Ill just have to make a few more passes and use some more old fashioned elbow grease.

try your tongue

hmm I saw an ad on CL once advertising carpet munching. Maybe I should give them a call

Yea i called them once, but it wasn’t nearly what I expected

it really didn’t have to do with eating carpet at all…

I’m sorry my advertisement was a little misleading. I will try to be more clear next time.

I have an old bissell little green clean machine thats a handheld carpet cleaner, thing works GREAT at cleaning vehicle carpets

“Resolve” is what i use. gets just about anything out.

easiest way is warm water and a rag to soak up some water and a vacuum(like a shop vac) with that flat nozzle