Cleaning engine parts

they do last a long time. Home depot even sells different brushes with different coarseness.

The only limit I’ve found to the wire brushes was with my wheels and some parts with deeper rust pits. For those I toss them in the blasting cabinet I found for cheap.

I think I’m gonna pick a few of these sets up

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=1341

Then just paint the block and heads.

careful with what paint you use. I’ve had awful results with the high heat engine/transmission paint.

http://www.por15.com/ENGINE-PAINTING-KIT/productinfo/EPKA/

there ya go. :thumbup

Yeah I’ll paint everything else with the cheap (still $10/can) stuff but the tranny, block and heads will get the por15 treatment.

I highly suggest the duplicolor wheel paint for the smaller parts. It stands up to heat, coolant, and even scratches 100 times better than the engine/transmission paint.

That’s what I’m using. Gives a nice, dull aluminum finish

Doesn’t por15 fuel fire which is why it’s not used on roll cages? Why use it on an engine? :lol

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Not just that but it also is very toxic when it burns

Ahh ok, I knew I heard somewhere that it was bad in one way or another.

Purple power and h20 under pressure

/thread

IDK how flamable it is vs other enamels/paints

but I read that when it burns the smoke is extrememly bad for you :lol

RETARDS

Purple power (diluted) + steam + pressure washer.

no dilute purple power

full power purp or gtfo

use good quality oven cleaner and or I use this stuff called 4U. the Co. is out of Cali. it’s extremely concentrated . It’s pretty expensive around 30$ a gallon. I usually cut it 50/50 with simple green and run it thru the pressure washer !! Ask anyone who has seen under the hood of my truck and they can vouch for how well it works !! my truck is an 97 with 200K and under the hood looks like it rolled out the factory like a week ago!!

just don’t let travis drive and you’ll be fine with the POR15.

Yeah I’m not worried. It isn’t flammable once it’s cured. And Hank, I think I’ll try some of that 4U stuff out… thanks!

It is flammable once its cured. Its not suppose to be in direct sunlight either from what I hear. I would research it alot before you spray any engine components.