cleaning out EGR

anyone have some good ways to clean the EGR out? mine keeps trippin the SES light, i took it off and cleaned it up with some carb and choke cleaner, worked for a week, then came back on last night

will seafoam do anything with it? I know it is suppose to take carbon off… but im not sure if it has to be burned, or what?

seafoam should help!

cool, should i actually run it through the engine, or just use it to clean the egr out?

Did you consider deleting it, or would you be screwed for your emissions inspection?

I know it’s not really a performance enhancer, but for me it was cheaper to delete it than replace the EGR valve. However, supposedly the EGR system helps keep knock under control at partial throttle by keeping the combustion chamber cooler. This is for a stock setup though, not for a bigger cam. Just a few things to consider!

x2 much easier to delete it then to keep cleaning it, i deleted mine.

it doesnt add performance, but keeps the intake manifold cleaning since its not recycleing the exhaust gases.

I’ve heard it keeps the combestion chamber slightly cooler but raises the intake temp up slightly.

i deleted my egr ! haha and yeah its a problem for inspection