Clear Bra?

try calling a tint shop, it’s a very similar process to applying tint.

i looked on 3M’s site and there are no pro installers for their product in buffalo… and only 2 in rochester

give Dave at protint a call. just ask him, if he says “no” then hey wtf you’re not losing anything. it’s basically just like applying a big vinyl decal or a tint film to the bumper, only it’s a little thicker. the same process is used, spray down surface, squeegee out extra moisture, shrink with heat if necessary, let dry. fin.

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial][size=2]btw if you decide to do it yourself you should:

-do it inside a garage ONLY it is wayyyy too dirty/dusty outside
-clean up the installation area, a mop works fine but make sure it is as clean as you can possibly get it
-make sure the car is VERY clean
-try not to kick up any dirt or other contaminants onto the wet surface before you apply the film…

i could probably think of more pointers, but i’m supposed to be working… :bloated:
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

do it, the only places you’ll see it is where you get wax stuck to the edges over time. Like said before it probably is just like tinting just a bigger PITA.

Now post some hot girls with clear bras to make us happy!

:headbang: for extra protection in those “sticky” situations…

sorry, had to.

Sorry about the misleading title :rolljerk: hahahaha. I am going to get it, I will start with the hood/fender/mirror kit and see how it goes from there… If all is well I will tackle the bumper shortly after that.

Thanks everyone for your input :tup:

yeah, I was hoping to see some new clear bras from Victoria’s Secret…

clear

that’s all they had. :c ( how disappointing.
quick, someone invent a clear bra for women and I’ll apply it.

Talk to Redrrocket (nick at the sign shop, camp rd in hamburg) he applies vinyl for a living and he did his wrx, its the only PERFECT one i have ever seen.

before you spend money on a precut kit i would suggest going to hyatts downtown… they have a material called convex clear its 4 mill thick glossy vinyl which is virtually identical to the 3M stuff at half the cost. It comes in different width rolls that you can cut to whatever shape you want.
Try it yourself or PM me and i can install some protective film for you. the most important parts to cover is the leading edge of the hood, and the front parts of the bumper, and i would also suggest the lower edges of your rear doors, they get blasted with the sand around here, when you have sticky tires on. ITS an EVO its supposed to throw stones :slight_smile:

There’s a article on protective films in the latest issue of European Car, basically they say it’s a great idea and a bitch to install. I’m thinking of getting the thinker mil stuff for for e-codes.

arrrghhhhhh dirves me nuts when hot girls talk like this^

:wstupid: Somebody’s got some Karma coming their way…

X…

Bubble wrap bikini (NSFW)

There was always the world famous clear bubble wrap bikini for flotation and safety. :slight_smile:

Don’t do what this guy did

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/x_iliohan/chipguard.jpg

Attn Janny

Spoken like a non-Nissan owner…

I wish I had known about these things when I first got my car. The front of my hood would look much better. It would still be faded to a dull, almost pink color like the rest of the car, but at least it wouldn’t be chipped.

Is that Xman’s new truck?

no its a saran wrap delivery truck. that is bad…

seen it at the Glen this weekend.

X…

if the stuff is priced right …and considering the cars awd, screw it … also do the entire rocker panal from the door jamb to the pinch weld also … the bottom of the rocker isnt visable when your standing next to the car, but come trade in / sale time it will be damn nice to have it spotless down there

plus if you ever throw tar all over the bottom, or LINE PAINT for that matter … your not trying to scrape it off the paint … its an expendable piece of film if shit wont come off