Clutch Cable question(ofcourse)

I’m trying to get the old one off, and god damnit I can’t get it off the pedal.
Tips, suggestions, anything that can help is much appreciated as I only have a few more hours till work…thanks.

what kind of car? I’d imagine there is a ball end on it that must be positioned so it can be slid out of the pedal (usually the opposite from the direction it pulls)

Sorry.
1998 Jetta 2.0
I can barely reach the cable where it’s coming into the pedal, and I have no idea what direction to move it to slide it off the pedal…

If you can feel the inner cable with your fingers…follow it to where it meets the pedal, where you should feel the ball end. NOw that you found the ball, feel for a gap in the metal where you could slide the cable through.

Yeah that’s the only problem I can’t feel it all the way to where it touches the pedal, so I have no clue how I need to move it around to get it out of the pedal…I tried forever and nothing haha

I just used my girlfriends makeup mirror to see behind the pedal and get a bearing of what I was feeling for.

Cables out new ones…not on.

any luck, I didn’t think of the make-up mirror idea. I have an inspection mirror I use, but my pedal isn’t that far up there.

I still have to put the new one in I haven’t had much time with holidays so I’m trying today, I think I just need to beat the piss out of it till it goes in.
Atleast that’s my idea :slight_smile:

Got the new cable on, it doesn’t adjust so there a ton of slack and the cable does nothing?
I’m so confused.
Anyhow in transport from the parking lot where it was to my house the rubber piece that goes where the cable connects to the forkish thing was lost, is that going to create huge problems till i get a new one or is it just a dampener?

Messed around a little more still nothing.
When I push the pedal in the first couple times I can hear it clicking, sliding through whatever the adjusting part does, and it just goes back and forth and doesn’t stay adjusted, the pedal still just falls to the floor and nothing happens…any ideas? This is getting tedious and if I have a faulty cable I am going to be VERY upset…

http://www.brokevw.com/releasearm.html
Fun that I can lift it up completely by myself, sounds like I get a whole new problem to deal with also…fuck.