Clutch explosion

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDbrvUtNJfU”]YouTube- Clutch Blow Up in side the car[/ame]

Holy shit.

omg omg omg, am i still alive? thats some serious HP right there

could hurt…alot.

damn good thing had blow proof bell housing

ok now that was scary. Glad i went that direction

makes me wonder…jeff how hard is it to add one to my car LOL.

if they sell one you just bolt it inplace of stock bellhousing.

Did he died?

holy fucking shit

Im glad i went with a lakewood bellhousing…

That’s nuts. I got the quicktime bell housing after someone on ls1tech had a piece come through the floor and take off a couple toes. He had the stock bell housing.

Geez!

This is something that worries me about my setup. Doesn’t matter what your power level is, it can happen to anyone. I need to get a blanket at least or goto an LSx style T56 w/scattershield.

think my mcleod bell was near 600, if possible see if you can run a SFI clutch setup

MY problem is the 2 pc rear main seal. Not really much options for an LT1 trans.

I need a clutch anyway, so it might be time to goto a standard GM style bellhousing, flywheel, & clutch. Otherwise I’m stuck with the few options out there.

possible to step up to LS style clutches

I understand that an LSx front shaft can be retrofitted & then I could use an old style GM style bellhousing. Then I could goto a regular flywheel & then my clutch options are virtually endless.

I don’t really have any experience with LSx style T56’s. I would imagine I would need a new front bearing plate for my T56?

not sure

yup