Clutch Issue

so anyways, My car runs great, no grinding gears, but I have an issue with the clutch. I press it to the floor, feels like there is almost nothing there, but the clutch still disengages and re-engages. If I am cold, or even just random times, going into first gear I have to pump it a few times or once i get it into gear warm the car up and drive for a bit and it will be fine. I have bled the clutch properly, completly flushed the lines in the process. (I read in the manual of wehre to bleed, but in my clutch there is only one spot to bleed it).

So my question is, what might be the issue and how might I fix it? It is a new clutch so thta’ts one thing I’m confused about…

could it be you just need to break in your clutch? Are you saying its slipping or its not disengaging when cold?

i had the same sorta problem…it was the clutch master cylinder…if its fer a 240

when cold yeah it’s not disengaging properly for me to put it in like first or second gear well.

What about the master cylinder?

Yup sounds like the Master cylinder. Possibly the slave maybe, but if you throw in a new master than you might as well throw in a new slave while your at it they’re only like 20 bucks.

Where do I get one from? :stuck_out_tongue:

And I think I can live with what i’ve got for now, since i’m getting a new engine/tranny in july…and that means i’m going to have to purchase a new clutch anyways.

You got a 240 right? If so then you can get your parts from any jobber. Or you can look for some used stuff from anybody on here. But when it comes to the slave, go new, they are cheap.

Haha thanks for the info!

yes until your clutch doesnt work anymore and you have to start your car in gear and drive home in first because the clutch wont disengage … it happened to me on my rx7 and I wish I would have changed the master earlier

Well…it seems fine for now, I don’t shift it hard. I’ll just watch it haha

when you press the clutch pedal in watch for air bubbles in the master as it will tell you for suer that it needs to be replaced

Hmm alright I’ll go try that in a few

if you know how…bleed the lines first…that might also be it…
if not then its the master or slave :E

i bled it till it coudln’t bleed anymore. flushed the whole lines.

then replace the master or slave
i got a master for my 90 s13 for like 80 bucks
you can put it in yourself…its not hard at all

edit

Part stores can get them, should be pretty much anywhere.

got my master cylinder from canadian tire 80 bucks

Would any of you happen to have a link to a HOW TO, on how to swap in a new one. I called up Ericksen and they got some pretty “interesting” prices on the Master cylinder, and slave cylinder. Ive seen the part swapped in a honda civic, but when I look at my engine bay im not exactly sure how to go about it. Im going to order the parts online in the next few days here.

These would be the culprits correct? Any other things you guys would reccomend replacing while Im at it.

http://69.0.158.19/live/I300052438TOK.JPG
http://69.0.158.19/live/I3010101299NAB.JPG

Yep those are what you need right there. If anything else while your at it remove that little junction box thing (I don’t know what it is) thats inline to your slave. Other than that you’ll have have everything that you should need with a slave and master.