Clutch issues? 04' Colorado

This is going to be quick, I’m posting before work… The past week my clutch has seemed to be slowly getting less play/closer to the floor. Today on my way into work it was pretty much at the floor. It stalled out/ wouldn’t let me into second gear. After it jolted/shut off, I started it back up and the clutch seemed to go back to where it was about 2 weeks ago. I’m going to take it to a shop tonight but didn’t know if anyone here had any input. After it started back up I was pretty much in my work parking lot and I didn’t dare take it for too much of a spin.

Just curious if anyone has any input… I did rotate my tires abuot a week ago, but I did that myself - nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Leaky slave cylinder would be my number one guess. But check the line from master to slave for pinholes/leaks. If the resevoir appears to not be losing fluid, replace your master cylinder.

^what he said

Yup

Thanks for the input guys. Any clue what I might be looking at to have a shop do the work? I’m in a pinch for time

this x’s 3 this exact thing happened to my buddies jeep a few years ago and i replaced the salve and it was golden form there on out.

Managed to get under it before the storm hit. Leaky slave it is. thanks for the help. going to replace it tomorrow