99 Accord Clutch went

My brothers driving home from work and he hears “pop” when he pushes the clutch pedal in. No more clutch.

Taking a shot in the dark here but I cant imagine its the clutch itself. Im guessing maybe the line or the clutch cylinder. I still have to go get the car so I havent looked at it yet.

What do you guys think?

99 with 150k on it
EX

Line, does it sound like air pushing

Broken clutch fork…my vote.

I’m gonna guess bad slave cylinder, same thing happened to me once. Have him push the clutch in and watch around the line and slave for leaks, if not then its internal, as in fork or clutch itself.

Ugh, I hope its not the fork

Mmmmm…heard that.

found this and i really hope its the master/slave

https://youtu.be/vOiHgP33CM4

Well, I checked it out last night and im kinda of scratching my head here.
I looked under the dash at the master and didnt find any oil leaking out. Then went to the slave and that “looked” fine too (didnt dig into anything yet)

So I started pushing on the pedal and theres enough pressure to bring the pedal back up but its not 100%. Fluid level looks good too

Follow the line from the master to the Slave. There is a solid foot or 2 that’s rubber. It’s leaking there

Do you ever use the search button(Google, NYspeed, Honda forums, etc) before starting any threads? Just curious lol.

ill check that, but the fluid level seemed ok

• Updated - - -

Lol, sometimes. My thought is the more info the better…well as long as its good info. And I trust the majority of the guys here.
Its a fairly good group

Does the car move with the clutch pedal pressed and the transmission in gear?

Car is currently in neutral and cant get it into gear (pedal in or out)

I typically have no idea what I’m talking about.

sounds like the clutch came apart that happened on my VR6. peddle was stiff, no loss of fluid, clutch wouldn’t disengage. drove it home by putting it in first gear car off, then rev matching the shifts and shutting it off when i needed to stop. lol good times. got it home from binghamton like that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/badnewsmini/GTI/DSC_0035.jpg

ugh^^^

Are you saying the car would go into gear only when the car was off?

UPDATE:
Master and slave seem to be ok. With the car off and clutch in the car can go into gear. Once the car was started the car moved, quickly turned off the car. SO I believe youre right Badnewsmike, sounds like the clutch. Only problem now is we cant get the car out of reverse to be able to push it into my garage to work on.

Any idea how to get it back into neutral. Even with the car off and clutch in, it wont get out of reverse.

Sounds like what happened with my integra. Spring retainer in the clutch disc broke and lodged the spring between the disc and flywheel, causing it to always be engaged. New clutch was the solution

Been there as well on my old Accord and Civic.
I got it stuck in reverse too… I just had to bounce it back and forth until I could snap it into neutral. Not so fun.

ya you have to get pressure off reverse. so push on the car till it pops out. (will require at-least 2 people)
Ive done 4 clutch’s this week just seems like its the time of year or something.