Clutch Limits

enough till it blows up. i suggest getting a new clutch anyways as a part of normal upgrades with your car. build your drive train up before you start spending all the allowance on your engine.

Going to a 350z/RB clutch is an upgrade for a KA running a RB flywheel. And for my hp/torque goal going to an aftermarket clutch may not be worth it.

well its nice to explain why you want to know certain information so it makes more sense to people trying to help. if thats the case then an rb would do you fine if you arent going for 400+whp. I was running (hard) 330whp on a rb25 clutch for over a year and its still fine.

Ummm…

Before you pay some guy for a expensive “Rb25 clutch”, note that this is the exact same as a non-turbo z32 clutch. Also the Rb20 & Rb25 clutches are not interchangable.

And what warped said about the flywheel thing is a must if using a rb clutch.

What is the difference between rb20 and rb25 clutch? isn’t the pressure plate the same size?

The flywheel is different, from what I’ve read on the forums, so hopefully its right. :?

What engine/flywheel are you using?

KA24DE engine and RB25DET flywheel

I have a used stock rb25 clutch with some life that I could sell you for a decent price…

But I’d recommend getting a mild n/a z32 clutch. I’m guessing the engine is out of the car, so might as well start out with a fresh clutch, it’ll will be worth the money and time if you decide to increase the power or when the clutch runs outta life and you have to replace it. The number that warped stated earlier (330whp) would be a good estimate for the limits of the clutch too.

Just my opinion, though.

what clutch set up would be good for ã streetable everyday driver 400whp sr20det ?