KA24DE-T Questions

got some questions for you guys.
my objective is between 200-350whp i no there is a big range but anywhere inbetween would be awesome

I am considering buying 370cc injectors, are they big enough to support the power
What are the differences bewtween an APEX’i SAFCII and the APEX’i NEO
It will have a very big intercooler with a T04E to produce the power.
I will also be purchasing a cometic head gasket and ARP Studs.
What will a stock clutch hold? I will probably be buying a heavy clutch anyway
What will the stock MAF and fuel pump work up to?

What else will i need to make it a daily driver and so it wont explode on me.

Thanks, much apreciated :smiley:

Everything you need to know and more:

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

i have seen it before, im just looking for past experiances, positve or negative with the items
great information tho :smiley:

You should do your own research but since i got a few minutes…you will blow ur motor in one way or another dude. Forget turbo 1st step get urself a tuning solution not neo or safc thats crap with flashy lights.Fuel is important but timing is even more important on FA vehicle.You don’t want Piggy backs with small resolution 12x2 etc.You want Megasquirt , AEM, Haltech, SDS, the list goes on. Or at least get calum’s board or bikirom and convert your ecu into stanalone.Than you got ability to change everything and on 16x16 maps. Intall it on your na ka and learn how to change timing and fuel maps as well as constands and scales to ur desire for NA driving.
Than get Ur TE04 and a big cooler(xs power s13 kit wiill do) don’t forget wideband and turbo ka you go reliably.
Maf past 250hp ka looses resolution you can push it but for what n60 is worth just get one, and with new ecu you can adjust it for any MAF some will do MAP.
Clutch depends what shape its in but 220-250 is abuse for OEM, i abuse it till they go than get SPEC or Z31 combo.Fuel pump don’t screw around get walbro.Min 460cc inj.
Engine work, leave it the way it is. When it goes than get HG and ARP meanwhile here is pleanty of ka’ s pushing 250-350whp in OEM form , but properly tuned.
Good luck and have fun!And before you bold anything onto ur motor you should have everything you need
http://members.shaw.ca/uden/ka24det/

^^^ Very good info above. Take all of this as truth.

No, 370’s max aout at about 250-275 WHO
Difference is more points of fuel correction (no timing correction which is very important)
Depends on teh trim of the To4E, Some can make 200WHP some can make 1500WHP
Stock clutch will not hold up
Sock maf maxes out at about 275 WHP
Fuel pump will not support your power goals,

No, 370’s max aout at about 250-275 WHO
Difference is more points of fuel correction (no timing correction which is very important)
Depends on the trim of the To4E, Some can make 200WHP some can make 1500WHP
Stock clutch will not hold up
Sock maf maxes out at about 275 WHP
Fuel pump will not support your power goals,[/quote]
Rob u forgot to cut down cometic gasket in your post!! :lol: :slight_smile:
Dont even bother getting a cometic Gasket, just do ARP’s and throw on a new stock gasket. I rolling around on some $40 no name gasket. :E

CORTECO makes awsome OEm replacement gaskets.

Dont use cometic unless your bottom end and top end deck polished. They will not seal properly.

Go oem on the HG. You will blow a piston before blowing a HG. lol

I have 370cc for sale… $80. My car made 230-240 with the 370cc’s @ 7psi. That was with a shitty emanage tune.

Awesome information!
I was planning on getting a megasquirt to make it a standalone. do i need a SAFC or a SAFC II with it?
I am buying 370cc injectors within the next couple of days for the reason that i will tune the engine to about 200whp until everything is running VERY smooth, then i will go with the DeatschWerk 810cc injectors and up the boost. I am rebuiding the engine completly. I am going with a cometic head gasket and ARP studs. I was planning on going with the Z32 Maf and the Walbro 255LPH fuel pump. I will also be buying the XS Intercooler kit soon. Will I need a knock sensor? I won’t put anything in until i have everything then it will all go in at once.
Again, thanks so much for in the great info :smiley:

So you want to use a standalone and then a fuel controller on top of it???

Then your shooting for 350WHP and want to use 810CC injectors???

Then you ask if you need a knock sensor???

dude do some reading you preaty raw in basics here. Megasquirt is map not maf so you don’t need z32 maf and its stanadalone so safc is like a prick in the ass i this situation.
If you rebuilding it you should know about knock sensor.

I am rebulding it with my dad and one of my friends on here. He is the guy who made 401 ft of torque with the KA24E. He knows alot of information so i pretty much consult him with everything. I am definatly still a beginner. By no means am I an expert, thats why i am asking questions on here.

"Go oem on the HG. You will blow a piston before blowing a HG. lol "

sorry to burst your bubble bud but it really wont if you dont have your timing right.

i tightened my head down 45 degrees and it still went with 12psi lol

and ya the stock clutch sucks hahahaha