Clutch not engaging after engine swap

So i dropped the car off the jack stands, switched the car on stepped on the clutch pedal, cranked the engine, it started and was idling fine. dropped the ebrake shifted into first and what not, FELT NOTHING GRABBING, weird so i fully let go of the clutch pedal while in first gear and the car was still idling. i then shifted through all gears without depressing the clutch pedal.

at first i thought maybe my driveshaft was to short, but then i was like it has to be the throw out bearing and clutch fork, so now i jacked up the car, removed the slave cylinder and wiggled the fork it was kinda loose, i pushed it towards the front till i herd a little click, and the fork was stiffer now. i got excited and dropped the car back down and tried driving it, same thing happened.

i really dont want to remove the transmission, any advice?

*EDIT, I looked through the clutch fork boot on the side of the transmission, stuck a screw driver in and pulled out some hair like substance. burnt clutch? im really new to this shit

did you inspect the clutch and throwout bearing before installing the engine? ie- did you remove the transmission and have a look? Are you sure you bled the slave cylinder correctly?

I have had a broken front shaft cover that holds the throwout bearing before.

that was my problem i was too eager to get the swap in so i didn’t remove the gearbox and now paying for it. i even started the car with the slave cylinder off,
im gonna remove the tranny tmrw hopefully, to see what wrong. ill take pictures if anyones interested.

sure, just remember not to remove the clutch unless you have the centering tool to put it back

I can loan you a centering tool Marky if anything lmk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23808[/ATTACH]

yup its a blown clutch thanks TORONTO JDM * sarcasm

Yeah i might need it once i get the parts, thanks james :slight_smile:

Varun has a good rb clutch

www.dxdracingclutches.com

how’s the throwout bearing doing. might want to drop a new one in there while you are at it. would suck to have your throwout start making noise after replacing the clutch.

Ps- love the pic of the trans on the skateboard!

yeah looked at the site thanks just msg varun too, wish i brought everything inside skateboard is now soaked,
might look into buying a TOB