Soft slave + no clutch engagement

K so… Clutch doesn’t seem to engage, and I can’t shift after an engine swap.

I can compare the inability to shift to the first gear speed lock on most cars just in EVERY gear 1 through 5 and reverse.

I played with my slave a bit about 5 minutes ago, and its really easy to push in and has a delay coming back out, almost like there’s air in the lines. I can easily push the plate that engages/disengages the clutch back and theres some play after I push it in and I can pull it back (to the engagement phase).

Could this mean I need to bleed my clutch and is the problem? If so, can I use any hydaulic fluid (non compressable) to do a test bleed?

Looking for quick replies, thank you!

use regular dot 3 fluid , u can disengage and engage the clutch by hand, ive tried pushing the fork its pretty hard. try bleeding the clutch maybe ur slave is gone did u check under the boot sometimes there is no visible leak on the slave till u pop off the rubber boot.

How hard is the pitch fork to move, Josh?

No leak in the boot - its dry

Moving the pitch fork (looking at the tranny towards the engine) towards the passenger side of the car is damn hard, moving it the other way is easy.

It’s not the problem, I figured a way to check.

try bleeding it se if there is air, see if ur master is leaking aswell. if u have that nissan damper system for the clutch still on remove that crap, i spent 2 hours bleeding and nothing was happening, then i removed it and bled the system in like 5 min.

stock clutch or aftermarket?

I have the same problem. It only starts tho after drifiting or going fast. Almost like when the tranny heats up. Im gonna bleed the clutch and adjust my pedal. I have the same problem right now tho.

Clutch will engage if u really push hard