Clutch on its way out? NOO!

Hey guys, im driving a 95 240, 5 speed and I have to admit I like to spin them sometimes… I think im too hard on it at 235,000kms stock clutch, i dropped it in 2nd yesterday normaly they spin NO PROBLEM, the clutch just would not grab.

It’s wierd because today I drove it and the clutch wasnt as facked as yesterday after doing that. Do you think its time to change it? Let me know, thanks.

I should also mention that I lost some pressure on the clutch pedal last night, it didn’t really start to grab until the clutch was all the way out, but like I said it was a little better today??? What the hell… And now i think a chunk of my first catalic broke off inside haha, rattling like crazy! WTB RB25DET…

id recomend changing it, but check to see if you have a leak in the hydraulic system before you drop $$ into it, and if you do indeed need a clutch exedy oem replacement clutches on ebay are CHEAP like 130$ for the kit cant go wrong if your not looking to spend alot on the car

might of fucked your slave… check fluid levels. might be leaking… did the same thing to my Cavy… still runs with a broken slave cylinder just gotta top up the fluid every day

just sounds like you overheated it

it goes back to normal after it cools which is why its fine again…

Sounds like he had ALMOST as much fun over heating his clutch as we did overheating mine last summer.

:wink: