clutch question

has anyone here actually driven on both a 6 puck SPRUNG and a 6 puck UNsprung in the same car, from the same manufacturer? is the sprung really that much more streetable? curious cause i have an unsprung in mine now and i hated it on the street.

ive driven both… unsprung sucks… the plate hits all at once and has no dampening… so it just kinda kicks @ ya… sprung is where its at for street

so there IS a noticeable difference? i don’t wanna waste time/money changing it if its only gonna be a marginal difference is what i’m getting at i guess :stuck_out_tongue:

on my car there is a differance… my car however uses a pull type clutch

i noticed a difference, but mine were from 2 different manufacturers. The sprung feels less violent and ive heard its easier on trannies than unsprung, I thought it was considerably easier to drive, instead of chiping the tires at EVERY take off, the sprung just engages with minimal violence. Also the more pucks you have the better the driveability and the longer it will last, ie a 6 puck should last longer than a 4 puck or 3 puck and be easier to drive. Also due to the lighter disk, you can shift faster with an unsprung with less rotating mass and it puts a little lighter load on the syncros