Clutch will not disengage

I have replaced my clutch assembly with a used clutch. Re-assembled everything and went to start my car and the clutch will not disengage. I did nto take apart the hydraulic system at all so I am assuming there would not be any air in it at all(there was not before). When I depress the clutch pedal it feels normal until it gets to the last inch to inch-and-a-half of it’s stroke and there is no resistance Is there anything anyone can think of to check or do before I have to pull everything back apart again. Also since it is a used clutch set, is there anyway I could check the pressure plate to ensure it is working properly?

Thanks for any help, this has been a very frustrating job so far.
Corey

Just to update a bit, I have adjusted the free play on the clutch pedal to right in center of the tolerance in the fsm and am waiting for somebody else to get here to help me bleed the clutch. The clutch damper has also alredady been removed.

did you put the right throw out bearing? release bearing is another term. for example if you put a os giken twin disk you need to get a small release bearing.

you may have used the wrong one.

I am sure I did. I guess tomorrow I will end up pulling it apart again. I will definatly check that, although it is a stock clutch and stock throwout bearing. I will post what i find tomorrow hoping my mistake may help someone else in the future.