Clutch?

Hey guys,

I think my clutch is on its way out. I’m not sure how long they aren’t meant to last. I bought my car about a year and half ago now, and the clutch had just been replaced. So it had about 5000km on it when I got it. I have now put another 55,000km on the car. So my clutch has gone through, give or take, about 60,000km. Saying that, do you think it needs replacing based on mileage?

The reason I think it needs replacing is because I noticed that when I push the clutch down, it makes a click noise as it disengages. It’s fine on the return, when the pedal returns to normal height. Is this something serious? Should I be replacing my clutch? Or is it something else? Is it ok to continue driving? I don’t want to end up stranded somewhere. Even though I do have CAA, I’d prefer not to have to go through the hassle.

Thanks for the help!

When your clutch is going you’ll know it lol. You will step on the gas to pass or speed up and the revs will go up fast but the car won’t really accelerate.
If its makeing a noise i would think it was prolly just you throw out bearing.

Is it an issue? Should I be replacing the clutch anytime soon?

You say it clicks, is the pedal sticking? put some grease on the bracket where it pivots, this may fix it.

I greased that up with what I had, the whole mechanism where it pivots was covering in grease and looking fairly clean. It was sticking a little before, but it doesn’t now that I put more grease on there. The clicking sounds like it coming from outside the car. So I don’t think it has anything to do with pedal itself.

It sounds like it would be the clutch fork inside the transmission. you should be able to lie on your back and look for the slave (on the passenger side), just behind it will be the clutch fork. Have a buddy pump the clutch to see if tats it. If so, try lubing the pivot point (and don’t be putting any grease inside the tranny!!) Other than that you may be having a problem with the clutch fork itself.

i think it would be the throw-out bearing or the clutch fork. either way, u need to further inspect this problem because if anything is broken, it can seriously effect the operation of the clutch and transmission. it well be in the bell-house area.