Coated Headers

Both one of the best out there man , mike your right man .

But the whole thing is its either a free coating or extra savings on the headers without being coated.

I’ll have to call for a quote tommorow because they cant give a price on the computer (its too low) lol

On your car uncoated stainless is fine dude . No worries at all and will last a long time and Prolly be cooler under hood than your stock manifolds

I guess I’ll call them up and see which is more savings…

If they are only taking 50$ off I’ll go with the free $130 or so coating

The headers I had were ceramic coated but for some reason they still developed some rust. Seemed to be just surface rust on the outside though.

Jellies u had cheap ones that were still a cheap steal header that’s why man

yeah, but they did what they were supposed to do I guess. Oh well, fuck that POS and everything to do with it, so glad its long gone.

^ You should get the headers on your truck coated

:rofl

Underhood temps have very, very little to do with coating exhaust. LOL

Think about it, if the underhood temps were a problem the factory would have done something about it. And sucking in a a few C cooler air temps is NOT the point of coating or wrapping headers, aka keeping underhood temps down.

Real reason for thermally protecting exhaust components is actually to keep the exhaust gasses at a a high, yet safe (tuning and mechanical wise) temperature. As exhaust gasses cool, the velocity slows, reducing the savaging effects a well tuned exhaust system has on an engine, amongst many other variables, more or less reducing the engines efficiency.

Ever ride a cold ass 2 stroke sled or bike? You can easily foul a plug from running too rich becasue the exhaust isnt up to temperature where the shape and design of the pipe makes for an efficiently running engine. Once it gets hot and up to temp, the power output and tuning goes sky high. 4 strokes are a lot less dramatic but still see the effects.

//kknowitall over and out

Can anyone local ceramic coat headers?

:ninja maybe

its just a liquid spray coating. Most air dried and bake cured. Cured about 3-500 deg HIGHER than powdercoating, so you need a hefty oven.

CRC is building a 4x4x6’ bad ass oven very soon… so this winter we can do this and big powdercoating projects like bike frames, sets of wheels in one batch, etc.

What would cost be on kooks longtubes? And when will you be able seeing as i may be interested if its affordable…pm/txt me for fine details seeing as id need it done soon-ish lol

the stuff is about 10 times as expensive materials wise as powdercoating.

If they are new, no soot and shit inside and greasy and crap outside, something like $150 a pair.

If they are used and need cleaning/decreasing prior to blasting and coating, something like $200. It requires a good cleaning, and then a bake in the oven to “outgas” the metal, then sand blast, “outgas” again to bake off anything left over, then coat and bake/cure. A bit of labor there.

But thats the concept and a rough est to get started with i guess.

Hey KK I was looking at the collar city auction site for house foreclosure auction listings and I saw an auction including powder coating equipment. Didnt know if you might want to check it out.

PM me a link if you can buddy!

PM’d

If KK cannot do them in a reasonable time frame, I’ve got a guy up by me that can do them. For reference, he’s about ~25 min past the LG lot.

I dont have headers on the truck, just stock manifolds.