Cobra or Viper

My White car matches Marks White Stripes… so I can be half :hay: I guess!

lol

Here’s one thats pretty much exactly what i want. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-DODGE-VIPER-RT10-RED-FLAWLESS-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4602089546QQcategoryZ6209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Man i cant beleive how beat up that front bumper is already. No wonders mark puts a 2x4 down at the end of his driveway just to pull out without scraping. These things hug the ground like a mofo. Looks like this one doesnt have the hardtop though. Not that i would ever have the thing on, but like you said its good for resale if i ever decide to sell it.

Buy all of Condom Hat’s parts and get in the game

both are good choices…just do one like a band-aid really fast and forget about it…either buy something expensive for the cobra now that will get u excited to stick with it or say bye bye and get the viper…ur gonna be faced with countless more decisions im sure…so just pick one fast and ur done

don’t worry, i have a few tricks up my sleeve :wink:

im not getting slicks either…actually im probally goin with 19’s all around and street tires so ill be in the same boat as you kinda…the problem with me is im goin to be out late this season most likely because of my finances right now…but i should be good to go, and ill try to make it out sooner… so we’ll see

If you want to BE “cool” and “fast” keep the cobra

If you want to LOOK “cool” and “fast” get the viper

Well…we’ll be pretty evenly matched then, cause I will be on 20/19 or a 19/18 setup depending on when it is over summer.

As far as late in the season… I hear you. I am going to have to pull fucking magic strings just to get my car done this spring… so we’ll see. I am still on a 6 week lead time just to get my pistons made, 8 weeks lead time on my rods, and 6-9 weeks on my heads. At least we finally were able to come to some decisions over the last few days that make me able to place orders for all of the above components now- before I was going to have to wait until I got my heads back before we could even work on the pistons. Not to mention my damn billet dry sump oil pan is currently set at FOUR MONTHS OUT… and I am considering buying a plane ticket to CA to go out there and fucking beg the guy and cry in person…:meh:

yeah i hear that about lead times and such…

good to see the vette and viper guys getting along :tup:

:pimp: Yeah, no kidding LOL…looking forward to hanging this summer…we need to make some nice movies…should be fun.:eekdance:

Speaking of which…who will be the first to get the New Z06 around here?:gotme:

holy shit, download emachineshop, design one yourself and have it milled, lol

I wish it was that easy… The pan is virtually a 1-off, and will have all 6-stage pump mounting hardware and oil galleries machined into it, fully o-ringed with a bolt on gallery cover plate. I am told this pan will tie up the CNC for 36-48 hours minimum.

Shit, if my place of work was able to let me have full access to anything inside
of our shop here, I could have you a fully built one in 36-48 hours…

A pan isn’t a hard piece to make…

Why in god’s name would they try to make a full pan out of billet stock anyways? You would end up machining out over 3/4 of the billet… Sheesh…

what? fuck that shit… cobra sounds 1000X better than a viper IMHO

not to mention ford > dodge :smiley: lol

honestly… a viper would be cool for the whole rarity factor… but thats about it. other than that, I’d take the snake anyday of the week (especially with a nice combo on it)

a viper would also be $$$$$$$$$ to modify.

I say fuck it… if your gonna trade the cobra in on something, trade it in on an older Diablo or something :slight_smile: :tup:

something tells me that pan is going to cost most than my whole car.

good luck with the new car, you deserve it!

Agreed I have mad pans before out of the stock pan rail and sheet metal. That is how all of the aftermarket Moroso, Canton, etc. pans are made. Don’t know why someone who make it out of billet, when you can buy plate aluminum and TIG it. You planning on making someone a $6000-$8000 dry sump system :biglol:

Ok, Quick questions for all of you, Where do you get all this money, what kind of jobs do you have, how old are all of you. What you guys are doing is basicly like my dream automotively, and i need to know what to do to do it. Thank you

so, basicly this ?

This is not by any means a regular pan. See post following this one…