Coilovers - Best Bang for the Buck?

I am looking at a set of Coilovers for my SC300.

I have been reading a ton of reviews to the point of having a headache.

So what are our local thoughts on best bang for the buck?

Tein?

Megan?

CXRacing?

D2?

BC?

Stance?

Post up what you have personal experience with.

I dont want to be cheap but I dont want to throw $ away. Car is basically a weekend cruiser. Will probably never be Auto X’d or Track Day.

BC never let me down.

i would put BC, megan, HSD in an upper lower end class with HSD being the best of them.

D2 and CX Racing in the lowest class

Stance and Tein are middle to high middle end coilovers depending on what ones you get.

I just shipped a set of STANCE Super Sport +SSD today and they were beautiful with HUGE front pistons (inverted dampers) which none of the others have.

even GR+ Stance is better than HSD.

Some Teins are great but the ones i’ve handled and driven on were too hard for street.

Basic stance are around 1grand shipped.

Thoughts on Ksport?

Powered by max?

i have megans. i will never test their limits so i didnt really give a shit. people have over 40k miles on them no issues. i bought them to make the car handle a little bit better and lower it. they do that so i am happy with them. they are the track version 12k/12k. ride is a little rough as expected but they were 850 shipped so oh well.

thank god this isnt a national forum. on s2ki all the suspension trolls pretty much say "buy kw v3’s d00d best thing ever. just go kill urself with that taiwan poop dick shit or go buy a civic.

i have never in my life heard anything good about the ksports.

megan streets are 862$ shipped for your car. 12k front 8k rear. they also make megan “ez” coilovers that are 665 shipped for your car. i think the spring rates are a little softer, and they are only 15way adjustable instead of 32 way. big woop. i’d spend the extra 200$ for the streets vs the EZ’s

That’s why I kept it off the Lexus board…if you don’t spend 2500 you shouldn’t own a 20yr old Lexus.

I’ve always been a Stance user, i still have them on my Kouki S14 and had them on my S13 and they were always excellent.

I’ve bought, sold, used, installed dozens of Megan, D2, HSD, Tein, Tanabe, Stance etc. etc. over the years. Last year i might have gone with HSD because they’re decently priced for what you get.

But you know what? I think you’re better off going one notch above your purpose or intended use for your application.

Some fags on various forums sell Stance stuff for $50 above their cost. I would say find one of those guys and get some Stance Super Sport +SSD for your car.

You’ll spend a couple hundred bucks more than Megan, BC Racing etc. but you’ll get a much better coilover for your money.

Just cut the springs, lol.

That’s what’s on there now…garbage

this. pm vendors and collect prices once you decide on something. i purchased some things several hundred dollars below advertised price by just pm’ing them

I have had and liked both Stance and BC coilovers. I think you will like either

I had ST coilovers. Basically KW V1’s made with different materials. They were pretty nice, and about half the price of the KW’s.

I have the Megan’s and love them…plenty of track days without an issues.

I’m not completely familiar with the SC300 versions of them but I’ve seen issues with both ksports and Teins.

The Megan ez or streets?

You get what you pay for.

That said, BC have always made everyone I know very happy, and have options like monotube setups and external reservoirs, which make me happy.

Tein Basics have been VERY good for me in the past - if this is just a street car, you’re going to spend as much (if not less) as a shock/spring combo, you’re going to get properly matched springs to the shocks (no damping adjustment, but the work is done for you), and you’ll get height adjustability.

Streets.

I ran KW V2’s on my TC…I loved them

Question, why do you want coilovers if you are never going to track the car?

Because to me it is a value proposition.

Basic coilovers offer much more adjustability than traditional shock/spring combos. They are matched out of the box. They provide an opportunity to track if I ever get the itch or if I was to sell the car…it is an attractive feature.

Also, I have had shock/springs on my 300zx TT and I have never put coilovers on a car I own…so for a few hundred more than shock/spring…I feel it is a better value.

Bang for the buck? KW.

i dont think KW makes anything for Japanese cars…I only see alot of Euro stuff