Coin-op meet?

I’ll be hitting up the coin-op on Bayview/Major Mack tonight @11:30’ish tonight.

Going to be re-sealing my father’s car, (Been holding well since September 6th) and need to wash off the majority of the crap, so I can rinse-less wash it tomorrow.

Anyone else wanna come along and chill for a bit?:smiley:

/off-topic
Lmao, my 350z Mafia cruise thread got locked!:stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA! IBTL!

I would meet you but its too dam cold!:frowning:

Lmao… I had to urban-dictionary that acronymn. Funny story, our little place is freakin frozen solid on the top level. I was just there with a female friend to chill and talk over bubble tea, and it was chilly as hell. You can see my FWD tracks there… :smiley:

I’ll be there @11:30pm EST, regardless… :drivin (sweet, new smilie)

i might be able to drop by. im always looking for an excuse too drive my car. you can also give me an estimate on what i need to do to the car detailing wise. since im taking it to you guys in the spring. i’ll pm you my contact info.

Cool.

CALLED OFF… I’m going now, perhaps next week!

i just did mines today @ 7/valleymede… good times.

… The automatic car wash at Shell!!!

As a detailer, I must request that you STOP RIGHT THIS INSTANT. IIRC, it isn’t even touchless!!! There are many reasons to not go to an automatic car wash period. Here are a few:

• Harsh chemicals that will prematurely wear rubber seals, and paint
  • Not entirely clean. (DO NOT towel dry after a touchless wash, nor a coin-op)
  • With octopus-brushes, your car will become swirled, no-exceptions.
  • Danger for rash on wheels with the automatic washes with rails.

See anyone else there, pm me if you’ll be going. I got assass1n so far. I think I will do this every week!

assass1n, too bad we thought about this too late. I would’ve shown you the difference between an un-detailed car, to one that is! (Plus the effectiveness of swirl removal. The car I will be driving is silver, and won’t show swirls easily, so I won’t do a demo on that.)

no they have a coin-op… :D:D

if i knew where it was and i didn’t have to work tomorrow i would drop by, maybe next sunday i won’t be working so i can drop by

Really? I gotta check it out.

What do they have there? Is the water there heated? Busy, any operators? (Are they strict)

I sometimes do handwashes at the one @ Bayview/MajorMack late at night (read: 11pm and later) and I’ve hadn’t been hassled before. They have an operator there during peak hours, on busy days, but no one late at night.

Would be interested if the facilities @7/Valleymead is better.

lol i tried washing my car last week i almost died my fingers where sooo cold i had to cut the wash short cause i couldent feel them so i said **** this and left haha…

That’s where rinse-less washes are handy. Fill the bucket with warm water, and wash normally. I wear yellow rubber gloves… girly, but it keeps me sane… I tend to skip real detailed work, but it gets clear enough. :wink:

To be honest, it’s actually my hand that doesn’t touch the water that gets cold! :stuck_out_tongue:

assass1n had to work late, CALLED OFF

doh if this was in K-W area and i hadnt started drinking i would show up but too late now.

I’m going to head to one at bullock rd. in markham

ick salt ick

yea it’s all heated water baby… so my hands are nice and warm… and it’s fully covered… it’s dead after like sundown…but buzy buzy during the day