***Come play GTR2 ***

Now be nice… :stuck_out_tongue: Racing incidents happen, we just need to learn to look/listen for other people coming when re-entering the track.

I gave Rick a cd of tracks and car skins, we are going to decide what to put on the server. Team TVR will be happy that there are four additional liveries in there for that car, with two of them having different numbers (so a total of 8 unique cars including the two already in the game). In all, there are 33 new skins for NGT cars, and I think 16 or 17 new tracks, excluding a couple of tracks that have multiple variations (such as Nurburgring). The only drawback is it is a 440MB download for the zip file. :ohnoes:

LOL I burst out laughing immediatly after that happened because I knew how angry you were instantly.

It isn’t much of a race if we are all driving different classes of cars unless the field is really big. Right now, with all NGT cars it can make for close competiton. At some point we will probably open it up to other classes and I’ve got a ton of C5R, Viper, and M3GTR liveries in there for just such an occasion.

I still really want to try switching to another class like GT or something.

Well I bought the game today and it plays ok on my computer but my controller sucks and it makes playing the game rather twitchy. I also won’t have any decent internet for another month really but I am gonna practice against the AI until I do. Where are you guys getting new tracks/cars from? Also what are you using for controllers/wheels? Does the logitech gt4 wheel work with this game or is there something better I should get that insnt too exspensive.

:fyi: the server is down while I patch a few things and add/test the additional tracks and cars Neurokinetik mentioned in his previous posts for stability. If everything works out, I should have the server up tomorrow between 9:00-11:30pm Wednesday (11/22/06) night. :fyi:

This is the wheel I use.

It’s the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel. It’s both usb/ps2 compadible which is pretty neat and was also only $50 at CompUSA.

You can get new tracks from a variety of sites. Rsc.com, no-grip.com, bhmotorsports.com, and others.

However, not all add-on tracks are stable, or properly done. We are testing some for use, and we’ll put up a list of which ones will be implemented on the server. We are also planning to make a zip file with the tracks as well as some additional cars.

Yes, the DP PRo (GT4 wheel) will work. As will any logitech wheel. Saitek and Thrustmaster also make compatible wheels. You can also use most gamepads with analog control. Logictech makes a cheap one for $20 bucks that mimics the PS2 controller, but you can use it with your PC (USB)

Some of us are using the Logitech G25, which might be out of your price range.

Thats the pimp 300 dollar one right? I also have a question about getting the motec to work, it keeps telling me to install it but from where?

Doesnt mean I cant still be upset about it :stuck_out_tongue:

awaits updates

I want to use the Saleen! give us more cars

(The saleen is ridiculous…I can start at the complete back of the pack on championship mode in semi-pro and be in 1st by the end of the first lap…ridiculous.)

I’ve got a pimp MS sidewinder wheel. :pimp:

You have to download it and install it off of Motec’s website. Also a few pages earlier I believe Rx3 posted an article on how to set it up.

Yes, G25= Pimp $$$

Install Motec i2 pro from here

then edit your .plr file. Look for the DATA ACQUISITION string, and point it to the executable.

Full instructions here: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=260864

If you noticed most of the games time trial records are set by a S-7. Why more people don’t used is a ?. Agree open the class up to GT cars…

KK

Good link for the Motec!

Maybe what’s built into the game, but not when other people are driving. Almost every lap record I see is held by the Ferrari 550 Maranello…

http://www.gtr2-timetrials.com/

You can also use the in-game time trials mode, there’s an online button to download top times and ghosts to compete against. Saleens don’t seem to be the car of choice for most.

I remember when the saleens couldn’t keep wheels attached to their cars when they first started racing them. I really need a new vid card and a wheel

I wouldn’t mind a little jump to some G2 class Racing…

Will the NYSpeed server be back up tonight?

Probably not. Ran into some snags/issues with some of the tracks and some of the add-on cars are suspect and cause silly errors. We’ve got a laundry list of things to double check. Bret and I are going to make some changes and do some more testing tonight.