***Come play GTR2 ***

Any issues if I try and put something temporary up for the night? Not sure if my server is quite baller enough but it might do it.

EDIT: It’s up and running if anyone wants to give it a shot. If you have issues joining send me an IM/PM

Oooo… looks like SimBin has another game comming out. http://www.race-game.org/

Also where has everyone been these past two days, have had maybe 3-4 people total these last few days.

I think everyone has been busy…9:00PM sounds like a good meet time tonight! TVR is getting some tunning done until then.

KK

Well in the absence of Rx3’s server missing I put up a 24/7 server so it will be there. I should be on around 10pmish. Assuming my wheel doesn’t break, it’s starting to get quite a bit of play.

what are the minium system requirements for GTR2?

I’ll be in tonight I think. Got it hooked up on my 42" plasma as a second monitor :slight_smile:

On now!

KK

Sorry for the bump on Hockenheim David :frowning:

Esteroil was a great race though!

THE SERVER IS BACK UP!

I’ve set it to use standard tracks temporarily.

We will be preparing a distribution file shortly with lots of new cars, and NEW TRACKS.

Then we will activate the new tracks once everyone has the files.
I’ll make a post later on the full list of new cars and tracks, but to summarize, we have most of the important American tracks, as well as Suzuka, Sugo, LeMans (2 versions), and 3 variations of the Nurenburg(sp?) Ring. :tspry:

We’ll be kicking off the RACING LEAGUE in the next week or two. :slight_smile:

Had a good session tonight, lots of fun on the dubai track!
:slight_smile:

Still can’t believe I got 1:42 with a mouse :o

Yeah, that was a burner lap. Now you just need to figure out how to do it consistently :wink:

Yeah, I only got the game today… Still figuring it out.

I was running medium slicks, after 2-3 laps they would go to shit, is it normal to have to pit and change that often?

The tires do wear, but for the 15 minute lengths we were running tonight, you should have had plenty of tire.

This game does simulate flatspotting of tires, etc. I noticed when I was behind you (before I passed) large puffs of smoke at every turn. At first I thought you were crashing or going off course, but as I got closer I realized you were locking up your tires. Doing that at every turn may be good for one flying lap, but after a few laps you won’t be able to drive the car. Gotta take that into consideration when racing. Sometimes it’s not smart to drive right at the limit the entire race.

Thanksgiving night replays are up on the server!

Hmmm… that may be the problem with using a mouse then. Can’t really adjust the amount of braking used. :frowning:

Ah well, wheel should be here on Monday I guess.

you can adjust your brake bias to better even things out to stop wheels from locking. You’ll probably do better when your wheel/pedals arrive.

Alright, I’ll check it out.

Are you guys going to be back on again around the same time today?

The game simulates tire temperature also. You can’t go 100% the first lap around on cold tires, by mid 2nd lap or even the 3rd lap, depending on how you are driving, you’ll find a lot more grip.

I ran the first race last night, I climbed to 1st from 4th and held it for a few laps until I overshot the same corner Mike did to give me 1st and he took it the rest of the race. I was just too tired to run Hockenheim.

some nice, clean and close racing at estoril last night…Zong had a beautiful pass on me under braking on the first lap.