***Come play GTR2 ***

Too bad Dirt has too many problems on the PC version. I should have Richard Burns Rally in a couple of days, and it is still supposed to be the standard in off-road simulation.

[quote=“neurokinetik,post:501,topic:24079"”]

Too bad Dirt has too many problems on the PC version. I should have Richard Burns Rally in a couple of days, and it is still supposed to be the standard in off-road simulation.

[/quote]

It seems that the only 3 racing game one needs to own is RBR,gtr2 and rfactor.

No, add LFS and Race '07 to that list. I actually could do without rFactor, honestly. I think Race '07 does the open-wheel stuff better.

[quote=“neurokinetik,post:503,topic:24079"”]

No, add LFS and Race '07 to that list. I actually could do without rFactor, honestly. I think Race '07 does the open-wheel stuff better.

[/quote]

I haven’t played race 07 other than what has been converted to gtr2 but it seems like I hear more negative reviews that positive. I’ve only played a little bit of rfactor but i was under the impression that for multiplayer there is second to none. Is LFS really worth buying?

RBR is OK, but DiRT is better graphics and multi car races and also better feedback support physics…runs great on MY PC, never had any issues, just make sure you patch… even the stock version ran well no crashes…

rFatcor is ok, but GTR2 is better for sim racing…
NFS prostreet sucks
Juiced 2 sucks
Race 07 is ok, but lacks cars

LFS is a solid title, good multiplayer with a small mix of race/stock cars a good deal of fun, and solid physics.

When it comes to a simulation of rally racing, RBR hands DiRT it’s ass hands down. Though RBR is quite graphically dated, it is a most excellent game. Not to mention damned difficult under full sim settings. :slight_smile:

[quote=“fiend540,post:504,topic:24079"”]

I haven’t played race 07 other than what has been converted to gtr2 but it seems like I hear more negative reviews that positive. I’ve only played a little bit of rfactor but i was under the impression that for multiplayer there is second to none. Is LFS really worth buying?

[/quote]

The biggest complaint I’ve had with rFactor is that the included cars suck (except the one real F1 car), and many of the mods don’t live up to the quality of the original cars in GTR2 and Race '07. There is at least one good F1 mod out there for it, though. I’ve not played it online at all, so maybe that’s why I’ve never gottern that interested in it.

Try the demo of Race '07 and see what you think. I’m a big fan of the Radicals and the F3000, I really don’t care about the touring cars so much. The Caterhams are downright scary (lots of speed without much grip and no downforce) and the MINI-S is actually pretty fun. It also has the World Ranking system, which gives you the similar aspect to what the kiddie-console games give, allowing you to do time trials against the rest of the world on each track.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:506,topic:24079"”]

LFS is a solid title, good multiplayer with a small mix of race/stock cars a good deal of fun, and solid physics.

When it comes to a simulation of rally racing, RBR hands DiRT it’s ass hands down. Though RBR is quite graphically dated, it is a most excellent game. Not to mention damned difficult under full sim settings. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I bought LFS based upon rave reviews from sim racers, but mostly because it actually has a usable autocross mode. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get a bigger pad in there so I can set up national-style courses and practice on them. That and find a car that is similar enough to mine. Right now that RX7-looking thing is pretty close, but the tires they put on it are crap. I can’t add enough weight to the Lotus-7 clone to get it close, either, and the tires again suck.

But… the physics do feel VERY good on the cars I’ve tried. I just would like to see the kind of mods I see for GTR2 and Race '07.

As Fuzzy mentions, I wanted a rally sim, not a wheel-to-wheel offroad sim. RBR does that, and it cost me $9.