Commissioner vs Jim Mckenzie of Wheels

Jim mckenzie of Wheels magazine (a canadian publication) and of saturday Star wheel section vs. OPP commissioner julian fatino on the current street racing law.

Part One
http://www.wheels.ca/Columnists/article/248098

Part Two
http://www.wheels.ca/newsFeatures/article/250631

I vote for Jim Kenzie.

The “tell that to their families” bullshit really pisses me off.
I’ll go tell the family who’s child was killed in a street racing accident, if you go tell the 300 families who lost children to violent crime that you felt it was a better use of police resources to catch speeders.

“There are so few motorists capable of driving over 100km/h – there are so few who have a vehicle safe enough to do this.”

If you are not capable of driving safely at 100km/h, you shouldn’t be licensed to drive anything more then a moped.

If you vehicle isn’t safe to be driven at 100km/h, then its probably not much safer at 50km/h and shouldn’t be plated.

The PRO-stunting act reasonings are completely and utterly ridiculous.

it’s all brainwashing to the public from governments and enforcements,
all they want is more money from the public.

The scare tactic is the most widely used way of getting something done.

Weather or not we’re “street racers”, “stunters”, or whatever, we’re targets.
It has nothing to do with age, it has nothing to do with looks. Toronto has become a sad place for a car enthusiast environment.

Just like many people have argued in both articles; You can be going 100km/h and still be killed in a tradgec accident, not to mention going 0km/h doesn’t disregard the fact of death. According to the “stunting” law anything above 149km/h is considered just that, yet every single day, almost every hour, RIGHT NOW, there are over hundreds of motorists driving at least 140km/h with the flow of traffic.

The flow of traffic? Haven’t you noticed that when there is that one driver, having no regard to anyone around him merging/driving/cruising, causes more of a danger than someone possibly doing 145km/h in the fast lane and/or car pool lane? Don’t get me wrong…speed does kill, but so can 80km/h in a posted 100 zone on the 400 series highways and what other highway acts we supposidly follow to.

How will this end? And when? Clearly many have been subject to not only a future fine from a minimum of $2000 to a maximum of $10,000, but they’re subject to a hefty tow bill, possibly a nice cab ride (depending upon the area which the persons were accused), a re-instatment fee of license ($115), and possibly work loss, stress, and debt occurance.

By the time this “Law” has been struck, many will be a victim in a crime they did not commit…

The thing that really makes me mad about all of this, is the reasons.
Someone ran a street racing article once, and noticed that it sold well. More articles were run as a result. This caused the public to take notice. In turn this caused the gov’t and police to move on this issue to satisfy the public, and look good in their eyes.
There is never any concern with DOING good, only with LOOKING good. Making a difference to society is not even an afterthought, the real cause is PROFIT, and believe me, a lot of people’s pockets are being lined by this whole street racing “phenomenon”. There are people out there, profiting, from fucking us in the ass. Now, this is business as usual, because every day someone profits from fucking society in the ass, but this time the dick is aimed at our assholes. And the worst part is, it’s the same as being in jail, all you can do is lube up.

• The Police
  • The Impound lots
  • The Government offices
  • The Insurance companys
  • The Cab drivers
  • The Mechanics

All people who will be pocketing over and over again for a law that does break the charter of rights as people (Josh QFT)

• We as tax payers put the gas in the police units
  • We pay the impound lots an abnormally large fee to hold our vehicle
  • We pay fee’s to re-instate OUR license
  • We pay a substantially huge increasment on a monthly basis to our insurance company to, so called “cover our ass”
  • We get stranded possibly in the middle of know where, and are forced to take a cab

And

• We pay mechanics to search our vehicles for proper emissioned parts, and possibly fix any damages done by or during the time of tow.

In the end…even if you are innocent, before even setting foot in a court room, your paying fees and fines most cannot afford.

I swear this street racing B.S. comes in waves. It’ll cool down for a while and when theres an influx of kids filling each other with bullets, non-street racing related car accidents and other deaths they cant do shit about, they move the focus towards us to make it look like their not sitting on their asses jerkin themselves.

Good article by Kenzie, couldnt agree more. I would really like to talk with that Bill Gibson character, how can people be so stupid and ignorant? If he feels that next to no one is capable to drive over 100 and their cars not safe enough, he should have his car and licesne taken away because he must be basing this opinion off something. Tool.

Like Kenzie, recently driving on the autobahn (well my dad, damn 25 yr. age limit for rentals) for roughly 1000km, i was amazed how courteous and abiding the drivers were. The left lane, like here was the fast lane, and you get drivers going 180ish no problem, if you needed the left lane to pass, go ahead but get right the hell back into the middle lanes or you’ll have angry BMW drivers on your ass. The right lane was for trucks mostly although you would have your odd car in line with them, by the looks of it the trucks were limited to around 100kmh. The middle lane always flowed nicely, with and average speed of probably around 140. The flow of 401 traffic on a good day.

When it was nessisary for the speed limit to be reduced, everyone would abide to it right away and keep it up till the limit was removed. Not once did i see any misconduct by drivers, assholes dangerously weaving through lanes to keep a constant speed or pissed off drivers cutting each other off. It was very civilized and seems like they got a good system going.

good read. need more jounalists following his lead.

peace

people these days are such drones to the government & their new laws,
what’s happening is people are losing their rights in everything…

society needs to get a reality check, governments aren’t looking out for the well being of us, it’s themselves first & foremost, and this is easily through “robbing” us of our hard earned pay from stupid b.s made for their agenda.

i really want to test this law, i really do.

hah finally people are realizing what a load of bullshit this law was. I couldn’t believe how even so called car enthusiasts initally were like “OMG STREET RACING”, because this is nothing but a farce. People are so easily brainwashed.

Fact of life, go to the autobahn see how people drive.

I’ve seen MORE accidents and problems since all these laws were implemented than before. Doesn’t make sense. Only real change was more money for police/gov/etc…

Just last night I had anoying as fuck cops blocking a whole street and putting up a dollar store sign “R.I.D.E.” flashing the fuck out of my bedroom while I was trying to sleep, they had those phosphor/whatever lights cracked and put on the road remniscent to me of fast and furious more than police officers… and there was three cruisers parked and one smart alec standing pulling people over and checking them… I couldn’t fucken sleep frmo their retardo lights.

This is a load of bullshit. Even my girl says it, WHO gives them the DAMN RIGHT to steal your shit, to not allow you to modify your own proprety, to take AWAY your proprety and so on and so forth. This is worse than the medieval ages when the roman church and church of england + kings ruled…

It’s like say I have a car, I spent SO MUCH money on it, i dont ‘street race’ i go to the track… suddenly some ASSHOLE of a PIG pulls me over for their lil “RIDE YOUR ASS” program and then fucks me over, gives me fines, puts me in debt, destroys my car or something like that… how will i feel? BULLSHIT…