Competition Clutch ...

Getting my car ready for this summer and I need some people to go in on a competition clutch buy in with me at hybrid. All I need is really one more person to get a twin disk …

Do it Do it Do it… :boink

Let me know if anyone needs one other than me.

how much we talken here

pm’ed you

how much man and what kind exedy tilton ???

competition not exedy or tilton

that cost more then my engine and tranny combined

my fault im not familiar with that clutch i just thought he meant upgrading

comp is really nice stuff and pretty cheap

only like $1200

thats cheaper than an exedy twin disk

But it sure as shit is not an Exedy Twin Disk

Damn right … exedy wont hold the power that this will. The disks are thinner and the pressure plate is a joke in comperison to the comp clutch.

Exedy was made to be a lighter clutch which it is … but then again i want holding power not something that cost 1500 and slips as much as my act already does.

InlinePRO uses only comp clutches in all their cars and the take a lot of abuse

how come u guys cant run a solid 4 puck and hook the shit? what is burning out? pressur eplates not strong enough, or the disks wearing out?

maybe vw had something right w/ the backward clutch setup of pp bolts to block, then clutch disk, then flywheel covers it. as i never hear of clutch/pressure plate failures.

true… and wouldn’t you wanna slip the clutch before say breaking an axle? I’ll throw solid 4 puck disc’s in my setup and be just fine.

I already kill too many transmissions … the twin disk will save my syncro’s the 4 puck will kill them. Also the 4 puck may grab at first but the contact patch per disk is larger than the 6 puck so then you run into heat slip and its just as worthless as my clutch now.

Salor as funny as it sounds I make tooo much torque (haha) to hold anything but a twin disk … the biggest one is rated at 470 flywheel torque. I make 411 to the wheels so. The comp twin disk holds 600 wheel torque end of story.
:naughty: