Complain, complain

Had the Acadia at Bowser for a front suspension noise. They replaced the sway bar linkages (at 38K miles). It was still making a noise when we got it home, so I crawled under to check it out. No nut on the left linkage at the top, and the bolt was almost out. I always wonder if they torque things to spec from the shop manual - I guess it would be silly to ask that in this case, now wouldn’t it. I guess the test drive after the repair was when my wife drove it home and heard the noise.

As usual I’m led to the conclusion that I should do everything myself (with the exception of the people that have done stuff for me from the board).

If I never made a mistake I’d probably be more pissed for the inconvenience than I am, but I try to be reasonable.

wow,thats sad

Free oil change and filled up the gas tank. They worry about those satisfaction surveys.

You’ve had more problems with that than anyone ever should on a new vehicle!

My wife wants to trade it in on a 2010. :doh: She’s tired of taking it in for service. I figure I’ve already done brakes all around, and we bought the i-think-it-will-break policy for 6 yr/100K, I say we just ride it out.

Blue Book is like $27K - $28K, sticker was $38K, we paid invoice minus family/friends discount. It didn’t depreciate as horribly as I expected. I guess it would be like I paid around $260 a month to lease it.

TJ had a bunch of problems with is IS250 and I know he was able to get it rectified through lemon laws.

It’s not the same problem that can’t be fixed though. And they’re kind of minor things, not the problems some people are having like water leaks, camshaft retainer wear, electrical problems. Need to suck it up and live with it. Six years of college starts next month.

Eh, it couldn’t hurt to call and talk to someone about it, it’s free and they’ll let you know if there is a case or not.

I got 6000 dollars cash money for a blown engine debacle in my Speed3, the lawyers fees are separate from the settlement so I didn’t pay for anything to get it going.

It wasn’t technically a lemon law because it wasn’t new but I still got paid.

dunno how old this thread is but my wife’s saturn ion was able to get the lemon law on it as well. all over a cv joint that they just refused to replace. we took it into the shop i think 6 times for it. they replaced the one side but wouldnt replace the other so it kept clicking. after we got the lemon law on it they finally replaced the other side and havent had a problem since.

nothing in here so far to really present a lemon law.

Sounds like you’ve had some really shitty dealer service. Another reason some people call them “stealerships” instead of dealerships.

Good luck, I hope you’ve got a better dealer around the corner you can use next time. If it was my wife, we would be trading it in and I’d never hear the end of how the brand sucks. Seriously, try mention VW to her now, and she’ll start going off about her experiences with Day VW and how she hates VW’s

That sucks dude… we order a lot of parts through Bowser and their wholesale parts department is 2nd to none… never had to deal with the service dept at all tho.

Yeah, I used to run parts for Anderson Olds years ago, and they were good to deal with at Bowser. I guess anyone can make a mistake, especially late on a Friday.