compTIA +network

A+
Network+
Server+

All bullshit

Linux+

:tif:

Security+

Eh good to get you started and can use it for your MCSE…

Yea, I’m more worried about passing these MCSE and CCNA exams. Fuck I hate changing careers in my mid 20’s.

I’m living proof. Went to college where taking these tests were mandatory part of the curriculum (I.E: don’t take em, you don’t graduate).

A+ Net+ Server+ Linux+

All bs. Every interview I had pretty much looked away at any of those and looked for a decent work background.

IT careers you can show up with no degree and no certifications, but if you have some credible experience under your belt and you are hired.

If I was in a hiring position I’d rather have someone with experience too, being able to pass a certification simply means you can interpret words from a book, and apply them to a test, not that you can actually do the required work.

Shit if sizak see’s this and chimes in, has no degree, or any certs like those mentioned, just with experience, now he owns his own hosting company and pulls in 200k+ yr. Not too shabby if you ask me.

A+ is retarded, if you know how to assemble a computer it’s cake. This test should be done away with.

^ Thats fine but you may be missing the point. I need them for a job I am trying to get, they are REQUIRED.

i never went to school, have shittons of experience… but at least ONE cert would be nice

Understood, when I went to college I had no intention of taking them, but they were required so I know where you are coming from.

Go for the A+ that way you’ll be 1 for 1 and never let down :slight_smile: haha.

If you’ve been in the field for awhile the Net+ will be so simple for you.

^ Do you still have the book and CD’s I could maybe borrow?

Yeah, pm me. I’ll let you borrow them.