Compustar Help

I had Funky install a compustar in my truck over a year ago. It’s been great until about a week ago when it suddenly stopped working. The doors with still lock/unlock from the remote, but the lights do not flash. When pressing the start button absolutely nothing happens. I pulled the lower dash just to make sure something didn’t come unplugged and everything was fine. I even unplugged the main connector from the compustar unit and plugged it back in thinking it might reset, but no difference. It’s just a basic 1 way remote start model, no alarm. There were two inline fuses right next to the brain, so I pulled those and they were both fine.

Any ideas?

push the trunk and lock button at the same time quickly.

i think its trunk and lock. look on the back of the remote and look fior “Valet” more and push whatever buttons coorespond to that

My compustar sticker fell off the back, and i somehow pushed the right two-button combo to make it so the car is silent when i lock/unlock. Does anyone know the combo for that one? LOL

If the picture of the car on the screen has ZzzZZZzz coming out of the car, then it’s mean you have it in Valet mode. You can unlock and lock the car but no alarm. All you have to do is stand next to your car :smiley: and press I+III at the same time. This will get rid of the Valet mode and your alarm will be working like before. Hope this help.

I- Door
II- AUX1
III- AUX2
IV- Query

II- Start
III- Trunk
IV- Panic

(I+II) Mute
(I+III) Valet
(II+III) Passive
(II+IV) Timer
(III+IV) Turbo
(I+III) Shock
(II+III) R.Mute

LOL… It figures. My wife had the truck for two weeks while I was troubleshooting that fuel system problem and that’s when the problem started. I bet she managed to put it in valet mode. I’ll check when I go home for lunch and post back.

I hate it when people mess with my stuff too, so I hear ya on that.

Yep, that was it. Thanks everyone.

Guess I should RTFM.