COMPUTER RESET

Hopefully this isn’t too easy of a question. How do you reset the main ECU.

Is a simple as diconnecting the battery, leaving it off for a period of time?

Thanks guys,

CVM07

That’s how it works for Hondas…I would assume Nissans are the same.

One thing to remember when restarting the car is to let it idle for about 10 minutes without touching anything (ie: throttle).

Then turn car off and restart…then go for a drive.

If you mean reset like clearing the codes, that is not as easy as disconnecting the battery. you have to manually reset the ECU. The info is in your FSM, I will look it up later on if you need.

Theo

No, not for clearing codes. It is my understanding from what I have read that the factory ECU is to some degree self learning. It will adapt to a small degree of mods, but you have to reset it to do this. Once reset it will adapt itself to some of the changes that have been made to the car.

Just was not sure if just a simple disconnect will do this, or do you have to do something similar to clearing codes?

Letting the car idle after words is a good point. That would make sence.

Thanks,

CVM07

When you turn the ECU pot all the way clockwise, you’ll be in dignostic mode. Turning it back to the left, and then all the way back right will erase the codes. This is slightly different for 89-90 models.

Past that the only way to “reset” the ECU is to leave it unplugged for a little while.

i heard putting the ignition to key on, and then disconnecting the battery

would erase the memory too.

search