concealed carry question

some one told me that in pittsburgh, you are only allowed to have a 10 round or less mag in your gun. any one know if this is true? also if it is true are you allowed to carry another clip on your person?

do you plan on going to war? I dont know why you would need another clip
I dont think there is a mag capacity limit in PA

i carry a 45 so i only have 7 round mags. but my wife has a 12 round 9mm. you never know.

the dude told me it wasnt state wide just some citys like pittsburgh and philly

as im looking into it, you may only be allowed 11 rounds in the gun. and each addition mag can only have 10 rounds

thanks

There used to be a magazine limit I believe, but not anymore.

My .40 holds 14+1

http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg

I carry 13+1 in my .45

I want to say yes, but I cant remember who told me that or where I’ve read it. Also looking into it…

1 shot 1 kill

might be something every one should know, i would hate to get pulled over for something stupid and end up with a weapons charge over a couple of bullets.

I’ve never heard of this law that limits capacity. Could someone show it?

Thank you for posting that. I corrected a girl one day and she called me an asshole. It made me laugh.

I CC regularly, the only mag limit that i can think of is the 1994 Assualt weapons ban that banned all production of mags over 10 rounds. To my knowledge there is no mag limits in pa. Just for reference, here is the Pa Uniform firearms act. http://www.acslpa.org/pa_uniform_firearms_act.htm

edit also no municipality or local gov’t can make an ordinance other than what is specified in the Pa Firearms act. There is a preemption clause that prohibits this.

personally i carry 15+1, an additional mag with 15 in the car, and a box of 100 in the glove box… :dunno:

Call me crazy, but all i can say is im prepared i guess…

when i carry, i carry my XDm .40. It holds 16+1. Just to throw it out there the same model gun chambered in 9mm holds 19+1.

20 rounds of ammo would weigh more than the piece haha

yea… my gun without ammo is barely noticeable in the holster… put 17 rounds of speer gold dots in… yea its a heavy sucker

Really?

What about Philly’s gun laws?

Just don’t brag or do anything stupid. No one needs to know, you are carrying anyway :rolleyes:

Some of philthadelphia’s gun laws are in the Pa Firearms act, several laws that were written by the city have been fought in court and overturned or are on appeal. The Pittsburgh lost/stolen gun law is currently under fire from the NRA. The lawsuit brought by the NRA isn’t really about whether the law is good or not, its about the fact that Pittsburgh city council broke a law by writing that legislation. more answers can be found here
http://www.pafoa.org/

Shaggy, you’re totally right on that. Don’t draw attention to yourself and don’t flash your gun and you won’t have any issues at all. On a side note… Open carry is legal in Pa but I highly advise against this, it draws attention and could cause more problems for you in the end.

one main reason to carry another magazine is incase you have a misfire or a jam. sometimes its easier to rip out the old magazine and throw in a new one.