concealed carry question

i use mossberg 835 for the house with bird shot. that way it wont go through the wall.

not really familiar with shotgun loads, but isnt bird shot really light bb’s? I thought that was the load that dick cheney shot his lawyer friend with. Not trying to start an argument on home defense ammo I’m just curious.

yes, but it will put a hole in you from a few feet away, and not kill your kids in the next room

ah good point. Being a college kid i wouldn’t have really thought of that. I don’t have as many moving distractions so if the need ever arose that i had to defend myself or my family i would only have to watch my line of fire towards the areas my family usually occupies.

some people say bird shot does not have good enough penitration but at 3 or 4 yards it goes 6 inches into ballistic jell. so at 9 feet 6 inches i think that would stop someone if not put another one in. hell put all of em in and when you stand tall in front of the judge and they are trying to get you for exesive force you can say that bird shot is suppost to be none leathal to humans, and that you were only trying to stop the threat.

very true. Idk if you’ve been on PAFOA, but theres talk of a total castle law bill(like fla’s) being put into effect. According to that, essentially if you kill the attacker you are free from civil or criminal liability.

i read about that a little. i dont care what the law says if i have to shoot someone to protect my family it so be it.

I hear ya there. Thank God my neighborhood is still pretty decent. To my knowledge the only problem that my family has had was my dad’s bronco geting broken into a couple of years ago. For some reason whoever broke in took the change outta the ashtray and left the fire/ems radios alone…I still don’t get it to this day.