Concerned about new HTA heres your chance to voice your opinion on the matter!

As we all know, there are a lot of concerns regarding the new Highway Traffic Act that is currently in committee with the Ontario Liberal Government. The sections on street racing and the new powers police will be given is a major issue. The current draft gives police a lot of power with very vague guidelines. Street racing is a very powerful issue right now and I am not the only one concerned with the impact this new bill could potentially have on the hobby we all love.

Long story short. The MPP who is proposing the bill is Donna Cansfield and it just so happens that her office is in my building (I rent her the space) and as a result I have become quite friendly with her.

I was speaking with her assistants today casually talking about the impact the new HTA could have. After about 15 minutes, I asked if Donna would be willing to meet with representitives from various clubs and organizations to discuss our concerns and the possibility of amending certain sections. They were extremely receptive to this and more than willing to set up a meeting.

I am far from an expert on this issue, but know that some of you would love a chance at a real dialogue with someone who can make an impact.

If anyone is truly serious about the opportunity to have a meeting with MPP Donna Cansfield (and this invitation extends beyond this club of course, so spread the word), please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to arrange something.

Time is obviously an issue as the subject is in committee and now would be the time for changes.

You guys asked for a legitimate chance at giving some input and here it is … if you are serious, let me know.

this was posted on the toronto subaru club forum, to reach the person go here
http://toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101225

BUMP! For the only good idea anyone has ever had so far. This can actually DO something unlike the gay petitions. Someone msg sidewaze and ask him to talk to the other leaders of the Ontario Modified… something something… NOW!

talk to bruce aka sidewaze

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=17324