Well here's a nail-biter for ya.

So a few weeks back I decided to join the “Burlington Street Racing Club” through facebook. Heatscore mabe, I just wanted to check out the local rides etc.

Today I get home from work and I get this msg.

Hi Tim,

I’m a reporter at the Hamilton Spectator and came across you through the Burlington Street Racing Club group. As you’ve probably noticed, street racing is a pretty hot issue right now.

I’m looking to talk to some people who race, on streets or tracks, to get some understanding of the thrill, the cars, the difficulties finding anywhere to drive “safely” (eg. tracks), and so on.

Would you be willing to talk to me about it, or do you know of anyone who might?

You can reach me here, or by phone: 905--* or email: *********@thespec.com. If you have any questions or want to discuss the possibility of an interview, feel free to give me a shout.

I stared off the # and email just in case its a setup and someone on SON might call them, bring more drama to the club etc.

Do you think its a setup?
Do you think it would even be worth it to speak with her if it wasn’t?
Do you think I should tell the bitch off?
Do you think I should have a sit with her?
Do you drift shopping carts in grocery stores? ( And dont act like you don’t!)

Any imput would be awesome.

Umm why not? You into street racing? If not, I urge you to speak to her to raise awareness that modded cars should not be profiled as a street racer and do the ENTIRE community a favor.

If you are into street racing do us all a favor and delete that email + number now as we dont not need people trying to glamorize street racing to the media.

If you don’t street race yourself “setup” or not what do you have to worry about?

Yes. Definatly take the opertunity to sit down with her.

This is a great chance to get the word out that not all modified cars are used

for street racing, rather its more of a descriminatory profiling.

Just let her know that most of us are law abiding citizens, and that if anything

more public track space is needed. Just becasuse a few douche bags who cant

handle their car crash doesnt mean that were all reckless and dangerous

drivers. Remember though that its the media, dont tell her anything that she

can turn around and use against us.

shit ill shit down and talk to her and show her how i really feel

tell her to READ the newspaper… last Articles in cars sections lol never in middle nor front , right before the fs ADS… there are ppl taht voice out… just NO ONE cares unless u flip to the last article well hidden that talk about this police bullshit and crushing cars

I drift shopping carts in grocery stores AHAHAHAHHAAA!!

shopping cart drift ftw!!

give her my e-mail address… i’ll talk to her

i only street race when i feel that it’s safe to do so.

umm its a girl man why wouldnt u call her and i would why not wats the worst that would happen?

Give her my number

I just got back from a local timmies and there was this Ferrari there he drove in a cop drove in like a retard after him. Then they parked next to each other and started chatting. Few mins later a shadow cop car shows up and joins the party all three chat for a while every few mins the cop in the shadow car goes racing out like retard after some one who failed to stop completely at the stop sigh you had to see how he was driving ill say safely 80 in the parking lot around islands.

Anyways towards the end there going to leave and they walk back to there cars at this point they talk louder so me and my friends shut up so we can listen in, the cops words were “are you gona open that thing up” we didnt hear what the farrari owned said but then the cop said “open it up on the allen, let’s race” I just thought wow. I got the number that was on the cop car and we also over heard his name.

I guess street racing really is a problem, it’s everywhere.

did the ferri let it go? how did it sound:P

yeah they ripped it out of the home depot parking lot the farrari in front, it was an old farrari like 15 years old it was louder then a honda with a fart can, but sounded better.

You should give the contact info to Bing, and have him carefully arrange something on behalf of this club and responsible modified car owners as a whole.

And then take whatever’s been put together to other more prominent media sources as well.

Hey guys, I have not decided what Im going to do yeat. Alot of you have asked me for contact info, but I think it would be best if one or two of us met with her.

I just think it would look bad if some reporter brought up street racing and 15 people with 240’s pounced on her.

It would be kinda cool to be the source of an article, but the problem is that my opnion could be very different from everyone else’s. And I wouldn’t be expressing how everyone feels on the issue.

Do I sreet race? Yes, not organized but I’ll have no problem bending over and feeding it to the common Bubbleback civic, f-body 5.0 etc.

I am civil about it though, as in not doing it on buisy roads, sober, or speeding for a extended period of time. I’ll usually top out 2nd if that, running from a light.

Either way I could go forever with this but I need to sleep on it.

Ty for all the comments keep them coming!

Dude dont bother getting names, badge numbers or any shit like that. It’s only going to make things worst for us.

Yeah I figured trying to nail those cops for that is next to impossible, who ever talks to this reporter… say they drive a honduh so if they decied to flip the story around 240sx won’t be mentioned.

i think we should all get involed in this little meeting thing thats never going to happen, like another big meet with everyones cars showing up and show that we can all drive responsible and that just because we make alot of noise doesnt mean were going fast doing it…

if you ever meet up with her:

a) dress nice (None of that gangsta’ bologna, it makes people look ridiculous and unreliable).

b) Do not be a dick.

c) Converse with the woman as if you graduated high school…at least (Limit the use of slang or unnecessary jargon).

There is probably more you should do but I am tired.

We really need to use every single opportunity we get to make modified cars look less like the scum of the earth. I hope you make us proud; yes you big guy.

—DMIS