Well here's a nail-biter for ya.

what i think is we should all just sell our cars and make this sonmoped.ca
i will support all the against street racing there is, but the gvmnt will not stop for anyone. so in that case i will take every ticket and everything a cop says to me to court and fight it to the end. im barley on the roads and if i get cought driving beside afew of my friends with 240s and they say im racing i will be glad to shut them down. what was i doing with a crew of 4 240’s? going to get some jdm food, going to my hjouse, going to the track. its not THE end of the world, you guys gotto hold your shit in and relise that there is more big problems. fuck peeel region btw

I wouldn’t bother personally. The reporter is going to pick and choose what to put into the article. It’s already happened once before on TSR or as it is now known as GTCars. One member talked to the press and was trying to make people understand the street racing/car mod culture, but when the article came out, it seemed like Fast and the Furious on paper.

I would be very careful what I say to them because the will minconstrue whatever you say.

yup,

bascially if you do not fervently deny any involvement in street racing you are just going to incriminate yourself.

dont even bother trying to rationalize occasional pulls when no one is around, that doesnt hold up in court or the newspaper.

she’s looking to take advantage of a young guy’s lust to be recognized as a hardcore street racer. I doubt she would even be interested in speaking with someone like myself since the story wouldnt be nearly as sexy when i tell her everything in the news is bullshit.

Hey call her set a date and lets us know when and were, we all should go. “To gether we stand divided we fall”

somthing similar happened last year to a member on torontostreetracing.com.
its a waste of time - they only used the info that they want to hear and what they think will sell the story.

What a hypocrite. “I don’t speed anymore” lmao.

Nah, man that isn’t hypocracy. They have just incorporated that into the new MTO driver testing. They want to make sure that people can control their car properly in a street racing scenario, so there is less unnecessary deaths. My tester even went as far as telling me to “drift through the intersection when it is safe to do so.” I almost failed the test because I clutch kicked, when he wanted me to initiate it using weight transfer.

Well said. Bing go take care of some shit lol.

----Contact info sent

Also if the story goes on Stickey this plz.

haha clutch kick ftl!

i just got off the phone with her after a 35:22 conversation.

pretty anti-climatic.

i didnt give her my real name or the site.

i’m going to have a few other qualified people give her a shout too.

ths jist:

i have never ever seen an organized street race
there has not been any evidence publicly presented that mathematically correlates modifed cars to traffic related deaths.
all vehicles involved in recent traffic fatalities were not modified
because there is no correlation between modified cars and traffic fatalities there is no benefit to ruining the lives of young men to make an example out of them in support of this agenda.

she was pretty receptive actually. young girl, sounded somewhat hot.

lol nice goin bing haha

ah frig, i sent her an e-mail too not realising that my name is right there in the heading… gawd i am such a newb.

oh well… i guess you’ll see me on the cover of the spec revelling in being a huge monster street racer… sweeeet

I told you guys, let Bing take care of business. :smiley:

Bing if she calls you a street racer just tell her you’re married and have a young one on the way, and based on stereotypes you should be off the hook. Only the young single male punks street race.

Awesome Bing, good job.

What happens next?? Is she just gathering info or is she gonna publish an article?..

Realistically we should be aiming for larger, more widely-viewed media sources to really have an impact.

Bing, get on the line with Citynews.ca or CTV/Global etc (and right at the end might as well mention Bings.ca)!

i dont want to plug my company, i’d rather keep it entirely seperate. I didnt mention anything about it.

Nelly Furtado did it, why can’t you? We need to show the world that we canucks are shameless self promoting bastards :smiley:

defamation of character…lawsuit + retraction