Concrete Cleaning?

is there something that will clean 4 year old oil stains off of concrete? I heard that the muratic acid will eat the concrete :dunno:

I finally got rid of my old truck and when the tow guy moved it there was a huge oil stain on the driveway.

ZEP has a product at Home Depot that works pretty well. I haven’t tried it in the garage, but used it in our utility room. It took off multiple layers of paint that had to be over 40 yrs old, and left the floor looking almost new.

muriatic acid will etch the concrete, it won’t eat it off. I tried using a bunch to get oil stains off of a concrete slab last year and it didnt do much, which surprised me.

I was just about to start a thread asking how to get power steering fluid off of asphalt though, lol.

wouldn’t have stains if you had a chevy…hell there would not be a need to have it towed either. :stick::burnout:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

chevy’s are dumb, they are 1 very small step up from a dodge.

oil stains are next to impossible to get out from concrete since concrete absorbs it and soaks it down pretty good. really the only thing to do is etch it then use that garage floor paint or something along those lines

yea, I tried some stuff my neighbor uses and didn’t even touch the oil stain. He says if you get some oil on the concrete to use this stuff soon after and it works well.

I park my dirtbike trailer over the stain so it’s not a huge deal.

i used purple power and a scrub brush and its not perfect but 50% better and less noticable.

muratic acid and a heavy bristle broom is what i use. dump acid on, brush around, let it sit a minute, then rinse. repeat as necessary.

Coming from a concrete guy use POWDER tide …wet the sprinkle the tide on the oil stain and let it sit for a while when u go to wash it off wet it and scrub it and apply again for more results if needed …

shut the fuck up, faggot.

let me go across the street here and get you some pics… looks pretty rough if you ask me…

yea i was gonna say laundry soap… i also here bleach will do it… as well as some oxy clean.