removing oil spots on the driveway

does anyone know of a good chemical that gets out oil spots in your driveway. i have a ton of them and my parents want me to get it off

Dawn + scrubbing like a fool…

shops use “purple power” it takes the oil out of everything

[quote=“vq30de,post:2,topic:25433"”]

Dawn + scrubbing like a fool…

[/quote]

tried that didnt really work, i also tried this driveway cleaner i got from value but that didnt work either

muriatic acid? dont think you can buy that anymore though. anyway, i prefer the ‘time’ method. my driveway had large amounts of pretty much every fluid found in a car spilled on it this summer, and i just left it and its all gone now.

on a more serious note, try some Brake Cleaner. we use that stuff at work all the time to clean parts and whatnot, and I know for a fact it takes oil off of just about anything metal. we use Wellworth stuff, not sure if what you can buy in the store is as strong as that though.

Is it blacktop? Reseal it.

Latex·ite Driveway Cleaner

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:6,topic:25433"”]

Is it blacktop? Reseal it.

[/quote]

no its cement with stone’s in it so its a real pain

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:5,topic:25433"”]

muriatic acid? dont think you can buy that anymore though. anyway,.

[/quote]

You can buy it anywhere that sells brick and stone. Muriatic acid will work, just where protection.

Go with brake cleaner first.

torch

Hooker.

Rub her face on it.

may be a silly suggestion, but when ever i get an oil spill at the shop, kitty litter soaks it up bone dry. We keep 2 bags handy all the time

[quote=“Schema,post:12,topic:25433"”]

may be a silly suggestion, but when ever i get an oil spill at the shop, kitty litter soaks it up bone dry. We keep 2 bags handy all the time

[/quote]

true, i forgot about that. my friend had a ton of brake fluid (i think? or some other automotive fluid) on his garage floor. he put some kitty litter on it and it cleaned it up. now that spot is actually cleaner than the rest of the floor lol

wire brush and brake cleaner got the burnout marks out

gas

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:13,topic:25433"”]

true, i forgot about that. my friend had a ton of brake fluid (i think? or some other automotive fluid) on his garage floor. he put some kitty litter on it and it cleaned it up. now that spot is actually cleaner than the rest of the floor lol

[/quote]

Ya id say this is the best bet. This is what we used at hamburg highway in the garage. The trucks always leaked oil and we just used some good ol foot power to grind it into the spot… and bingo it was gone.

dawn power dissolve, if that doesn’t work use brake cleaner

Purple Power.
4-5 bux @ pepboys. Works great

Brake cleaner is bad for cement. Honestly a power washer and some muratic acid works the best. I would suggest resealing the driveway afterwards, makes cleanups way easier