Removing oil stains from driveway

What’s the easiest method? My driveway is getting ruined by my shitty car, I’ve finally fixed the oil leak so I should probably fix the driveway.

pressure washer and some oil stain remover for concrete from CT

What Ken said… But if you’ve let the oil sit for too long, the moment you spray the least bit of pressure, whether through the jet nozzle on a garden hose or worse, the pressure washer, your driveway’s gonna break up… I guess its time for that $150 re-paving? lol

Muriatic Acid will remove the oil stains.

I use it on my driveway all the time. Sometimes I don’t even dilute it with water and pour it right onto the stain. Eats the concrete but the stain is gone.

The smell is deadly though, literally. You should wear a mask.

Paint the driveway wit the black sealer!! makes it look like new!!

If it’s been there awhile, you need to make sure the spot isn’t wet or crumbling away, then reseal the driveway.

my parent are also forcing me to do this for something that aint my fault, (buddy car ws leaking oil), so if you reseal it, with the stain still there. Is it going to be ok. also thinking of paying the pros

i used 2 bottles of bleach and boiling hot water and it worked great…

home depot we got some paint stuff for $119 or re sealer if its ashfualt its about $50 for 400-900sqft

There are resealer guys that always come to our neighbourhood, they do the whole driveway for dirty cheap, way less than doing it myself but apparently it needs to be oil-free first.

So I need to clean the stains before I can get them to seal it.

Some good ideas, keep them coming. Probably going to do this Friday.

doesnt cocacola work? lol

just use dish soap to release the oil, let it bake in the sun for a day and reseal it. If you don’t treat the oil stain, it will eventually screw up the sealer… Whatever though, just seal it again…or sell your house.

^your still alive?..lol if you have a pavement driveway you can use a latex concrete sealer then just apply a new coat of paint you can even add flake into it lol

lol Kollo…you and your flake…you know what they say eh…you are what you eat!

lol, I just use that GOJO hand cleaner. Put some on the driveway, scrub it in a little, then let it sit for 30 min. Then spray it off. Usually works, sometimes I have to do it again later on.

I used CLR. Works great. Depending on the length of time the stain sat for, it comes off no problem with some GOOD scrubbing. Some stains are just caked in and will not come out fully!