Congrats to all 89 240sx owners!

my car is a 1990 240sx … so basically next year my car is considered a “classic” ? which gives it what kind of entitlement from the insurance company? lower insurance rates?? some1 pls fill me in here lol

yea just to clear the air, would you fall under classic auto insurance ? same as old muscle cars etc.

my 240 is 28 years old lol

If I’m not mistaken after 20 years a car qualifies for “hot rod status” for e-test, therefore the standards are lower.

You might be able to do that before it hits 20, I’m not sure.

I’m also wondering what you need for mto to accept a “hot rod” etest?

not that I’m worried, my car runs like a charm.

BUT…

when turbo’s and other things are involved, why not:cool:

^^From all the inquiries above, still just wondering if anyone knows or if the new 20yr old car owners have experienced any changes in insurance rates? did they drop?

also BTW how much does turning 25 alter your rates?

Thanks!

well for me, my rates will be cut in half since i have an immaculate driving record, i checked cuz im 25 in 5 mths, i tried to negotiate getting the 25 year old insurance price but they told me to wait it out

insurance rates dont really change tho, its still lower for me than my 97 civic(300) or my 04 rx-8(430) was which makes me happy either way i look at it

Age has nothing to do with getting a hot-rod e-test. You need an engine swap and have to go to the dealership and get a letter from them stating that the engine did not originally come in that model.

If your car is imported and not originally sold in this country (no e-test limits in our system) you can be tested as a grey-market vehicle which has the same limits as a hot-rod e-test.

Almost every 240 pretty much qualifies for hot rod status since almost every 240 has an SR these days.

^^^

mmhmm.

BUT! not mine :slight_smile:

By the end of the year it will. :slight_smile:

And technically, if you put in a KA24DE into an 89 240 which came with a KA24E, you should be eligible for hot rod status because the motor has been swapped to a different one. However, some of you may argue it but I think you still can fight it.

Mark, your sig is so distracting…lol

lol, you know you love it Ahmad. :slight_smile:

KA is out right now. And an SR is not going in. Nor is the KA going back in :wink:

I believe there is some sort of stipulation that it has to be a different displacement.

I’m really glad I don’t ever have to mess around with e-testing bull shit. There is no such thing in Calgary. And I am VERY happy with my insurance here aswell…was around $4000 for both the S13 and Frontier…now $900 for both with every mod done to the S13 reported. Nice.:slight_smile:

Blue_S13, did you move out there with Leo? I haven’t seen that guy in FOREVER!

Does he still have that awesome blue s13?

Ya he moved out about two years ago…I was good friends with him before he left and now he lives only about 3 minutes from my house. Sad to say, but he got rid of that thing. It had some rough edges…I had it in my driveway in Ontario for like two months.