Cool thing I found out about Sunoco and Shell Gas

shit, i should really stop using 91 octane from esso lol

Shell has its own oil rig. I don’t know about any of the other gas stations though. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/jpl/images/content/256576main_platform-browse.jpg

hmm… ive been using 94 for like 3 years now… maybe ill try shell 91

I think shell now owes us some free shit now

shreds petro points and sunoco points cards as he types

Time to start using shell…

FTMFW.

is it bad that i just gas up where ever? I never use 94 though since my motor is stock… Costco is my favorite :slight_smile:

It doesn’t really matter. I think the only reason why most people tend to stick to certain brands of gas these days is because they might happen to have a Credit card / points card which earns them points.

ethanol is used instead now

shell is where it’s at, i’ve always used v power. I’ve heard this debate before but never knew what it meant until now lol

shell by far better then anything sunoco has to offer.

agreed

i love when Shell stations are low on gas and sell V-power at the price of bronze :smiley:

lol u guys want real power tune with avation fuel aka avgas aka 100LL("low"lead) all gas no ethanol just straight gasoline and lead to the strictest requirments. and it’s cheaper then race fuel.

ooo ethanol or any alchole is GOOD but risky, especially that E85 all alchol absorbs water. so if u don’t use it quickly it degrades quickly more so that gasoline. think of licquor even then good stuff has to have water in it 40% alchole the rest is water, leave that shit open and all the fun evaporates. so when that 94 sits in the gas station and in ur tank u don’t know what’s going on.

i think mmt is still used maybe im wrong its was banned in 97 to 98 i think … but still that shit causes brain damage … and probably half of the cat less 240s cruising around

heh i believe i made a thread about this literaly same thing two years ago and people thought I was crazy and imagining things.

I’ve worked for shell (seriously) and i hate them lol, but i’ve always run shell gas and could notice a difference vs esso and petrocanada. On the other hand the car behaved good with sunoco too. As of late however I fill up with sunoco and since i advanced timing i run 94 octane. I’ve always however felt more power with shell, i mean it was insignificant but significant enough for me to sense it and feel it. I can sense any small change on the car…

E85 would yield great power if we had it… but we don’t. Only in ottawa and the states… closest buffalo.

Back in libya they had 108 (? if i remember) benzene lol…

this explains all those times when you get random gas that makes your car work great, and those times when you fill up 94 sunoco hoping to fly and your car doesnt push shit

i’m on my way to shell right now

I don’t use Sunoco but I usually use shell 89(bronze). I have a stock KA with over 300k and generally get 500 to 550 for a full tank.
I just filled on 91 for the first time, I’ll chime in and see if there is any difference mileage wise. Driving feels a litter better though.

Lets see what all this V power hype is about!

Filled up with V power just for shits with my stock civic last night. Definitely noticing a mileage difference going to work and back today… Car runs smoother as well… surprisingly…

no more power though (Not like I was expecting any anyways…)

Shell ftmfw.

I decided to give a try too although I usually go to CT for gas (for CT money)…

Filled up full tank with Shell V-Power and right off the bat, I noticed that VTEC engaged much harder and about 500rpm earlier. Mileage is probably not going to be as good that’s for sure but I’ll let you know.