Cop Alert

[quote=“airhead,post:34,topic:36695"”]

Unfortunately a lot of people have no license and don’t even know it. Maybe you paid your ticket but some moron forgot to enter it in their computer, and the DMV doesn’t notify you like they should, and then you get arrested. Happens all the time, and it will start happening more and more.

[/quote]

I think you’re confusing this with the bullshit artists on here who try to play the system and get caught. I’m not saying the DMV doesn’t make mistakes, but the percentage is pretty low if you just pay your fine by the due date and take the responsibility of making sure you get a receipt, especially if you pay by mail. I’ve seen way too many stories on here of “I mailed it in and never heard anything, so it must have magically disappeared”. No jackass, you should call because more than likely it was your driving privilege that disappeared.

What about the guy who loses his license, lends his -legal- car to a friend to drive him around. Is he going to get pulled over everytime he drives?

[/quote]

And what about the guy who has tinted windows but has a legal dr’s form stating he needs them? We can always come up with obscure what if’s about laws, it doesn’t make them any less valid.

And how many people will get pulled over who are completely legal? It’s just another way to increase ticket revenue and harass the public. Thats my opinion, and luckily I’ve never lost my license.

[/quote]

For what will they be pulled over for?
Officer: “My automated system didn’t flag you, so I thought I’d pull you over while ignoring the guy it says has 3 DWI’s and a suspended license”.? :smash2:

It’s hard to increase ticket revenue if you’re legally driving. And if it does increase ticket revenue by catching people driving without licenses or insurance, as I’ve said earlier, tee-motherfucking-up. That’s just lowering our insurance, making our roads safer, and even giving our state/county/town extra income.