Cop Alert

because every one of them has a horse with no damn plate

Better get a fucking horse then, or a legit license. The only people that have to worry about laws are the ones that break them…

:tup:

I wish every car had it. Our insurance would be a lot less and our roads a lot safer if you’d arrest all these assholes driving with no license, no registration, or no insurance. The asshole that totalled my brother in law’s car in Buffalo was driving an unregistered, uninsured vehicle on a suspended license.

I know there was a big discussion about this a while ago on a local board but I can’t find it here. Maybe it was UBRF.

Old news.

im somwhat irked by this, but not much. slipperly slope maybe?

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/4352470-1.html

A little about the company that won the NY contract.

Can’t see how anyone could be upset about these systems. If you have a valid license, registration, and insurance you’ll never get bothered, and you should want people that don’t meet those requirements to be stopped.

its been out for a while Yonkers has it

suspended license or not, the police should not be able to monitor your every move.

and all you hypocrites that this doesnt bother cause you “dont break the law” can all DIAF. you’ve ALL street raced, you’ve ALL gone way faster than the posted speed. so just because you dont drive suspended, doesnt mean you can come in hear and act high and mighty.

ps- my license is valid, btw

:word:

sorry I don’t break the law that much, and when if I do and I get caught I don’t come bitching about it trying to get other people to pay because you where racing them

Definitely a slippery slope. I dont have a problem with the current stated use, but this type of technology could get really out of hand. Basically the same idea as the street corner cameras they are starting to install.

All you people are crying about big brother this big brother that…over your fucking car…

99% of you have a cell phone…you can found anywhere anytime…

Pay your insurance…
Register you car…
Drive with a license…

:gtfo:

They aren’t tracking your every move. The system is automated, it runs every plate it can read, which is pretty much every plate anywhere around the police car. It doesn’t pop up anything about you if you’re LEGAL. That license plate on your car means the cop can look up the same exact information this system does, but now it’s automated and unbiased. So instead of having to guess which cars they should run, which leads to profiling, now all cars get run. No more bitching from the black guy in the lexus that he’s being profiled because his plate is run right along with the 75 year old grandma in her buick. If grandma’s got a warrant she’s the one getting pulled over.

Do so research on how much uninsured drivers cost those of us following the rules. The state of Washington estimates it at 80 million extra in premiums paid per year. I’m sure it’s even higher in NY since we have more drivers.

As for unlicensed operators, why would you want to protect them? A lot of them became unlicensed because the state determined they were too unsafe to be on our roads anymore, either from DWI or multiple violations. I don’t know about you but I’d rather these people weren’t on the road putting myself and my family at risk and any system that helps weed them out is a major plus.

Unfortunately a lot of people have no license and don’t even know it. Maybe you paid your ticket but some moron forgot to enter it in their computer, and the DMV doesn’t notify you like they should, and then you get arrested. Happens all the time, and it will start happening more and more. What about the guy who loses his license, lends his -legal- car to a friend to drive him around. Is he going to get pulled over everytime he drives? And how many people will get pulled over who are completely legal? It’s just another way to increase ticket revenue and harass the public. Thats my opinion, and luckily I’ve never lost my license.

I think you’re confusing this with the bullshit artists on here who try to play the system and get caught. I’m not saying the DMV doesn’t make mistakes, but the percentage is pretty low if you just pay your fine by the due date and take the responsibility of making sure you get a receipt, especially if you pay by mail. I’ve seen way too many stories on here of “I mailed it in and never heard anything, so it must have magically disappeared”. No jackass, you should call because more than likely it was your driving privilege that disappeared.

And what about the guy who has tinted windows but has a legal dr’s form stating he needs them? We can always come up with obscure what if’s about laws, it doesn’t make them any less valid.

For what will they be pulled over for?
Officer: “My automated system didn’t flag you, so I thought I’d pull you over while ignoring the guy it says has 3 DWI’s and a suspended license”.? :smash2:

It’s hard to increase ticket revenue if you’re legally driving. And if it does increase ticket revenue by catching people driving without licenses or insurance, as I’ve said earlier, tee-motherfucking-up. That’s just lowering our insurance, making our roads safer, and even giving our state/county/town extra income.

Keep your receipts.

Novel concept… amirite?

Also, IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES TO FUCKING BABYSIT YOU. Nor are they your elected officials. Their responsibility to push paperwork and identify illegal aliens that might be terrorists.

OMG, the listed moving violations have nothing to do with this system, unless you got your reg / license / ins pulled for unsafe start et al. :bloated:

Please tell me that you don’t vote.

The technology lends itself to the slippery slope fear, for sure.
But in the current rollout & “guidelines”, nah.

…far too much logic for this thread.

Exactly, there are always some fucking pussies dropping thir “Holier then Thou” 2 cents. Shut the fuck up hypocrites.

very well said

I generally appreciate your points…

However there is a fast difference between Operating on a Suspended license & moving violations.